Chapter 16 - Eidi

ʜᴇʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟɪᴇs
ʜᴏᴡ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ?
ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪs ʜᴇʀᴇ
ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ
__________________________

Anywhere you are is home
I don't need a mansion on a hill
That overlooks the sea
Anywhere you're with me is home
__________________________

Third person's pov

After that sneaky night when Ehtesham came to meet Aaria, he has been going after every two days to meet her sneakily. Aaria also started liking it, spending time with him, joking, playing or even doing nothing. She felt safe with him, like she belonged somewhere. All her life she only listened to people making fun of her complexion, body shaming her, but he accepted her the way she was. He never told her to change herself for him, she knew, she was slowly but surely falling for him

Meanwhile Ehtesham was in a great despair, he didn't know what he was doing, or what he was feeling, he just knew that he felt comfortable with her being with him every night. He wouldn't say that he loved her, no in His mind love was not something he was capable to do, everyone who knew him in and out would know that too.

Right now Ehtesham was sitting in his apartment decorating 'eidi' for Aaria and zaid was helping him, he didn't go to see Aaria today, he still remembered the first day he went to meet her sneakily, almost 3 weeks ago, The way her heart beat picked up the pace or the way her breath quickened, everything was imprinted in his mind and maybe, just a maybe, in his heart too.

"Ehtu, why are we doing this again?! You both are not even engaged yet" Zaid whined, while packing a makeup product, he took a look at it, holding it with two fingers as if it's gonna bite him.

"Zaid, are you gonna shut up and help me?"

Ehtesham replied annoyed by him, his head was starting to ache now because of his endless complaints. He didn't want to answer his questions because he himself didn't know why he was doing that, sitting here in his apartment with female accessories and dresses all around him, making her a handmade eidi, just because two days ago when he last went to meet her, she mentioned that she saw a boy preparing eidi for his girlfriend.

Ehtesham saw how her eyes glinted with happiness when she mentioned that, and he wanted to make her happy, to see that happy glint again in her eyes, he never felt this kind of urge ever for a girl but here he was, buying and packing all kinds of jhumkas, pearls and diamonds earrings, pure diamond and gold bracelets, bangles of different colors and even makeup products and face masks of her skin type, which he specially looked into. There were all kinds of dresses, from traditional to western, and all the jewelleries and everything matched with her dresses.

"So what now, she'll get eidi twice, one from you and one from your family, which will basically be by you?" Zaid asked in a sarcastic tone, setting one of the dresses aside.

"no, my mother is not preparing any kind of eidi for her, we are not engaged yet..." Ehtesham replied in a monotonous tone, still packing the jewelleries.

"Oh my god I get it now, you're preparing this because your mother is not preparing? And it's gonna ruin your reputation in front of her family??" Zaid asked, widening his eyes in a cartoon-ic way, and Ehtesham thought for a moment before nodding his head, maybe because he was still not ready to accept that he had a soft spot for her.