Oh I Hate The Mimic (Phasmophobia)

Beginne am Anfang

“Impy's gonna try to loop the ghost, isn't he.” She walked into the truck and started on her work.

She hung up the two new smudges up with the others, making sure not to knock anything on the floor. Grian was putting new batteries in the EMF reader from where he sat on the floor and gave it a few experimental clicks to see if it was working. Gem filled up the sanity pill shelf and started connecting all of the sound sensors to the sound board. Gem smiled and sat down with her back to the wall as she worked. She fiddled with the wires inside, and Grian walked over to see what she was doing. He lay his head on her shoulder and sighed dramatically, blowing the strands of hair that weren't in her braid all over the place. Gem giggled and shoved Grian's face away, and he dramatically fell on the floor.

“Owww!” He yelled, and she immediately responded by smacking him in the back.

“Shut up.” She smiled, standing up.

Gem and Grian then went over to the computer and booted it up. Grian then turned on each of the cameras to make sure that they all connected to the computer well.

Suddenly, the back of the van opened, and Impulse and Skizz walked in. Impulse grabbed a flashlight (which he would no doubt leave lying on the floor later) a thermometer and an EMF reader. Grian also took a flashlight, a crucifix, and a spirit box. Gem grabbed an EMF reader, a flashlight, and a parabolic microphone. Skizz grabbed a thermometer, a flashlight, and was about to grab a spirit box when Impulse stopped him.

“Your camera man today!” Impulse laughed and forced the camera into Skizz's hands.

“Why?” Skizz asked, picking up the camera and turning it on.

“I screwed up the perfect investigation last time.” Impulse said as he walked out of the truck.

“Okay fine.” Skizz sighed, grabbing Gem's hand and pulling her towards the house.

“Oh Skizz!” She sighed as Grian chased after them. “Can't I just stay inside the van?”

“You do one brave and scary thing, then you can go back into the van.” Grian promised flicking on his flashlight as he neared the door.

Gem and Skizz followed suit, and the combined light from their flashlights illuminated the whole front hallway and into the living room.

Breaker's on.” Impulse called over the radio.

Grian flicked on a lamp as he and Grm moved into the living room, carefully measuring their steps, like they were hunting their prey. Gem held the flashlight out in front of her like a shield as Grian looked for tarot cards.

“EMF!” Gem cried, and the device lit up orange. “Level four!”

“AHHHHHHHHH!” Gem cried, walking quickly out the front door. She was coming from the kitchen, so Grian went over there to check for the ghost. “I just heard it on the parableocatdal.”

Kitchen ghost!” Impulse announced over the radio. “Grian come in and try spirit box!

Grian walked into the kitchen and felt a familiar chill slide down his spine as he walked into the ghost room. He pulled out his spirit box and turned it on. He was greeted by the static of the technology, and he started pacing the room as Impulse set up a camera.

“Where are you? Are you near? Are you French? Are you friendly? Are you near? WHERE ARE YOOOUU!? And I'm so sorry!” He shivered, and he thought he could feel the ghost walk by. “Magic box is nothing.” He dropped the spirit box on the floor.

Skizz came in and placed some salt on the floor and checked the thermometer.

I'm in the van, and we haven't got any ghost orbs.” Gem announced as Skizz took photos of the salt that had been walked through.