Chapter 5: Reveal

Previously on Chapter 4: True Form, Lincoln went to the I.M.P's warehouse to practice with the firearms until a bright light came out of nowhere causing Lincoln to enter his own mind. Suddenly, an unknown voice came out of nowhere which the voice proclaimed her name is Aurora and she has no intention to harmed Lincoln which he believed her and both of them began to talk about Sinner Demon and how Lincoln doesn't look like one until Lincoln realized that he's not in his Sinner form in the first place. Eventually, he finally transformed into his Sinner form and he also found out that he has unlocked his own unique ability as well during the process. Lincoln gave his gratitude to Aurora and bid his farewell as he returned to reality with his new transformation. He then realized that his co-workers doesn't know about his new transformation so he decided to have a meeting to reveal the news.

Lincoln's POV

When I said I don't know how to reveal the truth, I meant it. If I'm being honest, I want to keep this secret to myself and never let them knows about this. But Khaled Hosseini once said "Better to be hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie". So, with a heavy heart, I decides to tell them the truth in the end so here we are. I enter the meeting room and close the door as I look at all of my co-worker with a shocked or perplexed in Loona's case expression on their face.

Lincoln: Look... before you guys said anything-

Blitzo: *points at Lincoln* What the fuck happened to you? 

Lincoln: *tired sigh* I knew this would happened. Like I said... let me sit down so we can have the meeting.

I walk to the meeting table and take my seat beside Moxxie and notices all of them still not leaving their gaze towards my new appearance.

Lincoln: I know what you guys want to say so I will answer one question from each of you. *look at Moxxie* Moxxie, you first.

Moxxie: I know everyone want to ask the same question so what happened to you?

Lincoln: Before I answer that question, *look at everyone* does any of you know about me?

Moxxie: Well... since you didn't have any resume or any identification in Hell, we thought you wanted a job to earn money.

Millie: I thought you're just a kid who wants to earn some cash to live in this city.

Blitzo: I want to shoot you on your first day so that's my answer.

Lincoln: *nod* Very well. Tell me, do you guys knows the Sinner Demon?

Moxxie: Who doesn't? This place has full of them and every one of them are either powerful in power or just plain evil.

Millie: No one mess with them especially once they turn into an Overlords.

Lincoln: I heard of them during my free time. Overlords are a class of powerful Demons in Hell. They rank just above regular Sinner Demons and place fifth in terms of power in Hell's hierarchy. I heard the Overlords rule over certain parts of Hell, each commanding a domain of influence to which sinner demons submit. Their estate varies from minor to major, as does their reputation, with some being so infamous that lesser beings have been seen cowering at the mere sight of a prominent overlord in the street.

Blitzo: For someone who doesn't know about Hell, you do have a lot of information about it.

Lincoln: That's also the reason why I'm having this meeting.

Moxxie: *realized the situation* Lincoln... you're... No, it can't be.

Millie: *look at Moxxie in concern* Mox, what's wrong?