Chapter 24 (season 2)

hello!

------

Comes the day of my talk with Cathleen and my walk towards the café was so nerve-wracking that I was almost panting by the time I reached the entrance. The thought of the next few minutes and what would happen at our meeting had my heart pounding in my chest and my stomach twisting in knots. I knew this conversation would leave me on edge again.

As soon as I entered the café I immediately saw Cathleen on the far side of the café and waved at me while wearing a sweet smile. I get it why Joshua liked her in the first place. She's beautiful, kind and a very sophisticated woman. A type of woman that you will feel insecure about yourself.

I sat at the chair in font of her and gave returns her smile at me.

"So how are you?" she asked as she begins as she was lookng at me intently

"I'm doing very well, thank you for asking. And thank you wishing me luch during my entrance day" I said as was making myself comfortable in my seat.

"Oh don't mention it, I'm sure you're going to pass the entrance exam" she said sweetly and I replied wih a smile

"What do you like to have? is cheesecake good for you?" she asks as she was scanning through the menu

"Yeah sure"

"okay and then for drinks you okay with fruit juice?" she asks as I nod

"yeah, I'm okay with that also" I replied as I watched her called a waiter and proceeded to tell him our order.

"That would be all, thank you very much" she said as she leans her back on the chair and looked at me directly in the eyes as if she was studying me through and through.

This made me very nervous as I looked around me and looked back at her

"Is there something wrong?" I asked as she shook her head and laugh softly

"Nothing, don't worry" she says "let's start talking after we eat" she continued which made me nod

Minutes later our order came serving it infront of us and said our thank you's to the server. And we began eating in silence.

The two of them are silent, almost avoinding eye contact. With a sudden thick tension in the air between them this made her stomach churn all in nervousness.

"So" Cathleen begins after finishing half of her dessert

"How are you doing so far?" she asked which she replied a small 'ok' along with a nod

Cathleen smile at this almost in a smirk

"You can relax you know, why are you suddenly nervous?"

"oh, it's just that... this talk is so sudden hehe" she says honestly trying to lighten up the mood between them

she chuckles at this and crossed her arms over her chest while leaning her back on the chair "Oh, why? can't I talk with the best friend of my boyfriend?" she says almost in an annoyed tone which made me shocked.

"Oh no, that's not what I meant it's just-"

"Unless" she says not letting her finish what she has to say.

"Unless?" -Jewel

"Unless you're not telling something from me" she says confidently as if she got the answer right.

"what do you mean?" I asked in confusion and my stomach churning.

"Oh stop acting like you don't know what I'm talking about" she says in an annoyed tone