Chapter 5

Spiking the ball over the net, I watched carefully as it went on the other side of the gymnasium and hit outside of the line which made me frustrated and run my hands through my hair in annoyance.

"Focus, Jewel" Coach Min said... "Lessen the impact of your spikes. Do it again"

She instructed, while throwing the ball at me and caught it.

Coach Min is the coach of the volleyball team of our school and is Yoongi's mother. Although she's been training me ever since Junior high I never really get to have a chance to talk with her son.

Maybe because I didn't told anyone about what I feel. Except for Minchae of course which is good at keeping secrets.

Heaving a deep sigh I dribbled the volleyball ball twice and positioned my arms for a spike move.

You can do this Jewel.

Rasing the ball above my head, and lessening the power on my arm, I hit the ball with the power that I thought for sure was enough which made it fly towards the net but unfortunately it got caught on the net making it unable to cross on the other side of the court.

It made me frustrated all over again and I lie down on the gymnasium's floor panting.

"It's okay Jewel, we can continue tomorrow" Coach Min said as she slowly approached me with a warm smile and gave me the ball.

I got it from her hands and sat as run my hands through face in annoyance and stress. coach Min left me there to rest for a while while I heave a deep sigh as I turned my attention to the gymnasium's window and seeing that it's already dark.

'Will the stars show tonight? I hope it won't rain on my home' I thought to myself as I stand up from my sitting position and went straight to the bleachers to get my water bottle to drink.

All of my team members went home as they we're done with the practice but I stayed behind since I still need to practice more. Kinda frustrating that it's not happening the way I want it to be.

Closing my water bottle and putting it down on the bleachers I grab my phone on my bag to check if my mom has texted me already.

Mom: Don't go home too late sweety'

The notification said as I locked my phone and checked the time on the wall clock.

7:45 pm

I guess it's time for me to go home. I just have to continue tomorrow morning.

Grabbing my bag and wearing it over my shoulder I went straight to the changing room and changed into my p.e uniform and turned off the lights of the gymnasium.

And while I was on my way to the school's gate I heard footsteps behind me which made me nervous and scared at first but I remembered I'm still inside the campus. Gathering up my courage to look behind me, my eyes widen as I saw the person walking behind.

"Joshua?" I said as he was looking at me with wide eyes also. I guess both of us got startled.

"Oh hi, you're Jewel right?" He said as he approached me while we continued walking to the school's gate

"Ah yeah, I am" it was a minute of silence until I spoked again.

"You we're great earlier" I said referring to the try out they did earlier.

"Thanks" he replied with a smile and it was followed by an awkward silence.

Trying to change the awkward atmosphere I tried to think of another question to lighten up the energy around us.

"Why are you still here?"
"Why are you still here?" We both said in unison which made shook my head and I speak again

"You go first"
"You go first" We both said again at the same time which made us laugh and stopped on our tracks.

"Okay I'll go first" I said as I calmed myself from laughing

"I'm practicing for the volleyball team and you know, I stayed behind to practice my move, you?" I began as we continue walking.

He nodded at that "I was with Mingyu, we also stayed behind just to play basketball says he feels lonely in his home" he replied which made me nod and looked at the path we're walking on

"Where is Mingyu by the way?" I asked as I look up at him

"He ditched me, we we're playing rock paper scissors of who's going to turn off the lights of the court, he won and he left as soon as possible" he said as he scoff at what happened which made me laugh lowly.

He looked at my direction as he laughed along with me.

"Because of you, I'm not upset with Mingyu anymore" he says as I smiled at him and looked directly at his eyes

"Well, that's what friends really are, ditching or teasing each other"

"I'm sure you know Minchae, the one I'm with earlier we sometimes do that" I explained as I looked ahead

"You talked to her?" I asked as I carefully walked down on the steps of stairs in front of us. Not even aware that Joshua is holding my backpack to prevent me from falling.

"Talked? Yeah, she kinda said hi and left" he answered as  we continued our way down the stairs and to the school gate.

'Poor Minchae, she must've been so nervous earlier'

I thought to myself as I greeted the school's guard and bowed at him.

Facing Joshua to bid farewell, I was ready to head my way but was stopped by the petal of the cherry  blossoms that is slowly landing on Joshua's hair.

"Oh you got a petal" I said as I pointed at his hair where the petal landed.

"Where?" He said as he try to find it with his hand . Finding it, he pats his hair softly making the petal fall while I started to study his face.

His soft dark brown hair softly sways along the soft wind and he fixes it in the process. His strong and dark eyebrows making him more masculine. His eyes that shines whenever it hits the street lights and his lips, his soft and pink lips.

I was out of my trance when I noticed that he was looking at me questioningly. Shaking my head I laughed to lessen my embarrassment but it sounded so wrong. I should have not laughed.

"Sorry haha" I laughed awkwardly as I bowed at him

"Please take care on your way home" I continued still in a bowing position.

Holding my bowing position, I turned behind my back and started running my way home.

"Wait Jewel" was the last thing I heard from him before I left him running

Why do you have to make yourself embarrassed like that  Jewel. He must've think that I'm weird or crazy. I told to myself as I run towards our house, luckily its just a few blocks away from our school.

I just want to disappear.

I'm sorry Minchae. I didn't mean to be mesmerized with his beauty.