Chapter 11

Arriving at the Han river, I sat myself on one the steps of the stairs as I looked above the sky to watch the beautiful starry night.

I know I shouldn't react this way, but he should have known it in the first place. Especially that he's very aware of my situation before this agreement. I barely survived.

Looking down, I covered my eyes with my hands and let go of my hot tears.

'Mom, I missed you'

I whispered in the air as I let my tears fall.

How I wish things are much better for me but I guess I'm destined to be this way.

Weeping, I sniff and cried to my hearts content not even minding the people around me.

'I want to run away' I said to myself as I continued crying hoping that after letting everything out tonight everything will be better tomorrow.

Wiping my tears, I heave a deep sigh as I calmed my self from crying and stared at the moving water in front.

----

It was not long after Y/n left his place when he sigh deeply and left the dishes in the sink.

'what am I doing?'

Joshua asked himself as he followed Y/n to where she was going.

He saw it. he saw how her eyes changed from annoyed to hurt when he snapped at her. It was not his intention to hurt her that way.

He knew that talking to y/n about money will trigger something inside her and will make her vulnerable. It gave her a lot of traumatic experience and he was very aware of it all. And he was supposedly going to apologize to her after dinner but Y/n left immediately.

Running his hand through his hair in annoyance he followed Y/n to the Han River which is a couple of blocks away from his penthouse.

Creating enough distance from him, he sat at one of the steps of the stairs and watched y/n as she looked up at the night sky.

'beautiful'

He told to himself as he stared at the glowing stars above and smiled as it warms his heart immediately.

Stoping from gazing the stars above, he looked down at y/n to see her reaction but his smile drop immediately when he saw her crying hard.

He was shocked and he felt guilty.

'Is it because of me?'

He asked himself as he watched her worriedly. Afraid that if he went near her, she will just yell at him and cause more problems..

Looking down, he tried his best to listen to Y/n's whispers of words between her sobs as just cannot look at her especially when he was the one who made her cry like that.

Biting his lip, he carefully stood from his sit and decided to sit near her, but not enough for her to notice him. He watched as she wipes her tears and sniff hard.

'mom'

He heard her saying between sobs and snifs which made him sad and tear up a little as the memories of y/n's mom came to his mind.

Y/n and him have been friends since Highschool and when he found out that her mother died he cried that day too.

Her mom has a huge influence in his life up to this day,  she was the one who convinced him to take a business course in college since both of their parents runs a company.

She was a very sweet and loving woman to her family. There are also times when Y/n is busy with her volleyball practice and he has goes home early with an empty house y/n's mom will always invite him over dinner so that he wouldn't feel lonely.