Chapter 9

Today marks my second week of working for Mr. Park after returning to the store and today is also my last day working for him.

I really thought I could do some binge watching of my favourite series later at night but Mr. Park said that he will take me and Joshua for a barbeque party later.

He doesn't have to do that cause he's been working here nonstop, I want him to take a rest after my shift, but I guess he's just a stubborn one. And surprisingly though, Joshua agreed to it and told me he could leave his office early.

Checking the receipts in my hand I felt someone nearing the counter and as I look up it was Mr. Park.

"You can log out already, I'll close the store now" he informs me as he went to the store's glass door and flip the signage into a 'close" sign

Removing my vest and walking straight into the storage room, I myself out in the record book and grab my bag in my locker.

Getting my phone in the pocket I checked if Joshua had texted me and I was a little upset when I didn't receive any notifications from him. I wonder if he can still make it.

As I put my phone in the back pocket of my pants I went outside the storage room and saw Mr. Park letting down the blinds of the store.

"We'll wait for Joshua in the restaurant text him to just go straight there. I made a reservation" he said as he led the way outside the store while I follow him behind and locks the door after.

Grabbing my phone in my pocket I texted Joshua the location of the restaurant while I follow Mr. Park silently. Not long after, Joshua replied a small okay and I immediately return my phone in my back pocket.

I watched how Mr. Park lead our way to the restaurant and he really does give off that intimidating aura whenever he's alone. He's not mad. He's just like that most of the time. People mistake him as a cold and strict person maybe that's why Joshua hasn't said any word about him. Instead, he always 'always' respect every decision Mr. Park wants me to do while working in the store.

One of the example of that is my extended work in there, I was supposed to work there for 1 week only since we have already found a replacement for me but Mr. Park asked Joshua if he can still let me work at the store for the time being so that I can train my replacement.

It was unexpected for him to agree but he did anyway. Which is a good thing to be honest.

Reaching the nearby barbecue restaurant, Mr. Park was entertained by a staff immediately and lead us to our table.

It has a grill in the middle and the servers are already putting the side dishes in our table.

Silently watching the table filling up our table I looked up at Mr. Park that is busy in his phone.

This is a lot. I thought to myself.

"Is there any occasion that we need to celebrate?" I ask dumbfounded as the staffs serves us good pieces of meat.

"Just stop asking Y/n" he answers calmly as he placed some meat in the griller.

"But it's too much" I whispered.

"You like them crispy right?" He asks instead as I look at him a little upset

Why do I feel like he's doing this for me.

I nodded simply and decided to help him grill but he stopped me saying that he can do it himself and telling me to just relax and wait for Joshua.

Minutes later, Joshua has arrived and went straight to sit on the chair beside me and greeted Mr. Park a 'good evening'