Chapter 6

Morning came and I looked at myself on the mirror infront of me with my uniform making myself ready for school

Feeling my heart in my chest as I put my hand above it, realizing it was beating fast, the moments from last night made my face heat up in embarrassment.

I hope I won't see him today. Luckily we're not on the same class or I'll be so dead.

Sighing, I wore my coat for school and grab my bag and went outside of my room to make my way to the kitchen to greet my mom.

"I'll get going now, mom" I said as I grab my bento box on the kitchens counter top and went straight to the front door.

"Oh wait sweety" my mom said stopping me on my tracks and making me face her. She fixed my hair and the collar of my uniform and smiled at me.

"You have a practice today?" she asked and I nodded. She replied a small okay and open the door for us to make our way to the gate.

My mom opened the gate for me and let me outside as I waved at her smiling.

"Oh Joshua, good morning." my mom said suddenly as she waved at someone behind me probably someone who lives infront of us.

No, wait Joshua? Don't tell me...

As I turned my back to the person my mom's waving at my eyes widen instantly as I saw Joshua bowing at my mom

"Good morning Mrs. Kim" he greeted my mom as he went near our house

"Aigoo, such a polite child and handsome too" my mom said with full delight as I looked at her shocked in giving him a compliment.

"Mom haha, stop" I said. Stopping her from making me more embarassed as I try my best to not look at Joshua.

"Why? It's true" my mom said as he looked at Joshua and smiled at him.

"I see, your on your way to school also, you two can go together" my mom said as she motions us to go together

"No, mom it's okay I still need to go somewhere" I said as I try my best to avoid him.

I just know he's watching of how ridiculous I'm doing to myself right now.

"Oh c'mmon don't be rude" she replied and smiled to Joshua apologetically

"Sorry, I think she's on her time of the month" my mom said to him and I immediately felt that heat slowly crept up my face.

"Mom!" I whined which made her laugh at my reaction and tells me that she was just joking.

"I'm sorry sweety, go now, or you two will be late for class" she said as she bid us farewell and went inside our house and locked the gate.

Avoiding the gaze of the person beside me, I turned my way to the school and started walking. And as expected Joshua followed.

So much for not seeing him today.

And how are we even living on the same neighborhood.

Sneaking some looks at him, trying my best to not make obvious. I'm really curious to why this was my first time knowing him when we're actually neighbors and lived in the same neighborhood?

"What is it?" Joshua asked as he stopped on his tracks and looked at me.

"You keep on looking at me, is there something on my face?" He continued while I tried to keep myself calm. Trying my best to not to stutter in front of him

"Just curious, it's my first time seeing you in the neighborhood" I said as I avoid eye contact with him

"Oh that, we Just moved like three days ago"

"I was giving rice cake on the houses near us last time, your mother was the one who recieved in your house and said that her daughter goes to the same school as I am" he continued as he recall the memory

"Didn't know it was you though" he explains as he lead the way to our school

"I see" I said silently following him behind.

Feeling guilty of leaving him last night, I couraged myself to be at level of his steps and speaked

"I'm sorry about leaving you last night" I said face down hoping that he's not upset about it.

It took him a second before he answers.

"Come to think if it, I was left alone twice last night" he said referring to Mingyu leaving him in the court and me at the schools gate.

"I'm sorry" I said as I feel bad about it.

"It's okay, your mom did say that it's your time of your month so.." he said not even minding to look at me while he left me dumbfounded.

With redden cheeks, I tried to come up with to deny it but I was shocked when I saw his expression. He was smirking. This jerk is f*cking smirking. And as if the sun is giving me all its sunshine I immediately felt annoyed and my body heat up.

"Yah! I am not!" I shouted I was about the pull his hair but he immediately run. He run as fast as he could and I chased after him.

"Yah! You go back here!" I angrily shouted few meters behind him as I dodged the people infront of me.

Minutes of running we already reached the school grounds. Joshua stopped running as he faced me and pants. Which made me stopped on my tracks also.

But I'm still mad though.

"Okay, let's stop" he said as he pants and bent down to gasp for air.

"Look, we're here" he continued as he points at the stairs of the school

I looked at it and smiled. And walked at him slowly. This jerk has the audacity to return a smile at me after teasing me.

I decide to go near him slowly with a plan on my head and as soon as I was near him, without him knowing, I raised my hand in his hair and pulled it.

A loud scream was heard from him as I continuously pulled it but not too hard to make him bald.

With a few threats and curses coming from him I continued pulling his hair in annoyance.

Not even aware to ourselves that it will be the start of a friendship that we will both cherish forever.

------

Back story is done! ^⁠_⁠^

Although, I can just let Y/n explain everything, I thought that it's best to just show what happened in the past so that it will be easier for the readers to understand the kind of relationship that they have.

Some of the members have already appeared in this story and I hope you liked it.

Thanks for reading ❤️

Amarie