Chapter XV

Chapter 15: Disappointments

Right now, I felt like I was going round and round from one clothes rack to another, touching every dress and picking my nose because they weren't what I wanted in the first place. We are already in the third dress shop, and I still haven't fallen in love with any dress. Jin's mother was so excited to show me all of them, but I couldn't imagine myself in them.

Luckily, Seolhyun hasn't found the right dress for herself, but I feel she's even more critical than I am. She seems to have a vision of what the dress should look like, what color it should be, and how it should fit her, not to mention how it should move while dancing. The most important thing for me was the color, but as long as the dress fit well and stayed on me, it would be fine for me.

You would think Jin's mother would have been tired of our demands and running from store to store by now, but no. She was full of enthusiasm in every store. She didn't seem to care about our requirements but did her best wading through the dresses and telling the salespeople what we were looking for. Rather than Jin's mother, the vendors began to get tired of the word ''not this''.

Maybe she was just so excited about this that she didn't care. However, she didn't have a daughter of her own, and I think she would like to do more with me, but I take a backseat in that regard. Without me, he would never have been able to organize a prom from a woman's point of view because all he had to do was buy a dress for Jin, and that was it. She must have relived her prom through us.

''What about this?'' Jin's mother asked and showed a white dress in front of her with a bit of lace. It looked a bit like a wedding dress.

I shook my head. ''Too wedding-like. What about that one?'' I pointed to the white dress next to her that I couldn't see, but she brought it up. The dress was simple, it had glitter, and it had such straps that I wouldn't have to worry about my breasts flying around for everyone to see while dancing.

''Would you try it on?'' she asked, and for the first time, I had to agree because the dress somehow called to me more than anything else.

I walked into the fitting room with the dress and hoped and prayed it would fit. I couldn't bear to visit more stores hoping to find it. What if the dress doesn't fit? What if it looks awful? Because in that case, I would probably have to settle for a dress that I don't like at all, because yes, I have to have a dress. I can't go to the prom wearing some old bad dress that gives the impression that I'm not interested in putting any effort into it.

I got the dress put on and admired myself in the mirror. Soon, I heard Jin's mother yelling about whether I was ready on the other side of the curtain. I chuckled before opening the curtain and revealing myself to him in the dress.

''Oh, Y/n!'' she started. "That's it."

''I think so too,'' I told her because as soon as I saw this on me, I knew it was the one. It felt right on. I don't think it would fall off me, I don't think I would trip over it, and I think everyone would be amazed to see me.

''You look beautiful,'' I heard from my side. I turned my head and saw Seolhyun standing next to me with a smile. ''Choose that.''

I smiled at her, and for the first time, I didn't feel any anger towards her. I believe she said it from her heart.

''Have you found yours yet?'' I asked her.

''Not yet,'' she replied. ''But I'll keep looking.''

I went back to the fitting room to take off the dress. However, I managed to take a picture of the dress. I sent it to Jungkook. I also wanted a positive response from him on this.