Chapter III

Chapter 3: Girly surprise

The class was going painfully slow. I'm usually awake and interested, but it felt like I wasn't in the mood today. I knew my period was supposed to come. Maybe it was because of that. I was mentally preparing myself.

And the fact that Jungkook played with his pen annoyingly loud beside me wasn't helping. He had been doing that ever since the class started.

''Even if you're better than me in this subject, it doesn't mean you can do whatever you want! You're distracting me!'' I whispered to him while kicking his legs under the table.

''Distracting you with my handsomeness,'' He smirked and earned another kick from me which made him yelp and catch the teacher's attention.

''Mrs. Jeon, do you have something for this class?'' The teacher asked with an angry tone.

''No, I'm sorry,'' Jungkook bowed his head and turned to look at me as soon as the teacher took her eyes off him.

''You sound like my brother sometimes. Stop being cheesy. I meant your pen, you idiot!'' I whispered back at him and shoved my tongue out. He pouted and went back to doing whatever he was doing, which annoyed me. Great, was it such a good idea to piss him off?

After the class was over, Jungkook stood up and never said anything but walked out of the classroom. He is so cute when he is mad at me. I quickly took my stuff and ran after him.

''Don't be mad at me. You're my idiot, okay?'' I jumped on his back while he kept walking. He seemed not to be touched by that. It always works.

I jumped off his back and walked in front of him. ''You can have my cookie. You love those cookies,'' I pouted and made him stop. Slowly his smile started to grow. There is my Jungkookie.

''Hey, I gotta meet your brother and the others. You'll be fine eating alone?'' He asked.

I nodded. I'll eat with my other friends.

''See you in biology!'' He kissed my forehead and ran away before I could hit him. He is a good friend, and that's all we have been since kindergarten.

We have never had feelings for each other. Jungkook is my best friend and is always there when I need to be. We share everything. I share everything about my relationships, and he does the same.

Many people think we're together because of how we act toward each other. I get that Jungkook might be clingy sometimes and does that what he did just now, but it's pure friendship. Even Jin once thought we were together.

But now I have to find my other friends and eat lunch before it's full of people and without a place to sit.

And the food is everything to me.

After lunch, I went somewhere quiet. I had a free hour, and all my friends were in class, including Jungkook. But I'm fine being alone for a while. It gives me time to do some homework beforehand.

I went to our school's library since it's a quiet place. I sat at one table and took out all the stuff I needed. I opened my biology book and started reading.

I was focused on reading when I heard the library door opening, but I didn't turn my head to it. It was probably another student coming here. But I started hearing some quiet giggling and talking. It is a library, be quiet!

''Let's go there,'' I heard the person say, and then I figured there were two instead of one. But what I also realized was that it was my brother. What is Jin doing here? I thought his school was over already.

I saw him walking towards the table in front of me. I don't think he noticed me just now. But what I noticed was that he had a girl with him. Who is she? I have never seen her with him.

The girl had long hair, and it was coffee brown. She was almost the same height as Jin. She was skinny, and her face seemed perfect. She looks so beautiful in my eyes. Compared to me, I look like a child.

They smiled at each other and sat down. The girl's backs were toward me, and when Jin noticed me staring at them. He lifted his head to say hello to me. The girl turned her head towards me and back at Jin. She might be curious about who I was.

Since they weren't that far from me, I could hear Jin saying I was his sister. The girl nodded and looked at me again.

After an hour, I heard my phone buzzing, and I checked to see Jungkook was texting me and asking where I was. I texted him back, telling him where I was.

Soon he arrived and sat down in front of me.

''What have you been doing?'' He asked.

''Biology homework,'' I answered, and he grabbed my book.

''You call writing half paper studying? You haven't done anything,'' He chuckled and handed over my book.

If I'm being honest, I have been staring at my brother and that girl for this entire time. I don't know why I want Jin to be with her. She might be some girl who will hurt him after all.

As a sister, I can't allow it.

I tried to show Jungkook, who sat behind him by my eyes, and moved my head, trying not to be too obvious.

Jungkook turned his head pretty openly, and I grabbed his collar. ''Idiot, not that much!'' I whispered. ''Do you know who she is?''

''Who, that girl? Ah, she is Sojung. They have seen each other for a while,'' Jungkook said.

What? Why haven't I noticed this? He hasn't brought him to our home yet.

''How long? I have never seen her,'' I asked.

''What do you care anyway? She seems nice, and hyung likes her,'' Jungkook looked at me with his eyebrows up. He was questioning why I cared.

''Nothing, but how long? I need to know when I need to be out from home, in case he brings me here and there,'' I asked, faking the real reason.

Okay, I do not want to see my brother making out with some girl in his room. I can't hear it and don't want to. God knows what they'll do when dad and Jin's mom are gone.

''Almost a month, I think?'' Jungkook lifted his eyebrow.

A month!?

This dickhead has been hiding this from me for almost a month!? I'll kick his ass once I get home.

I see them standing up and exiting the library. On the way, Jin greets us, and I fake a smile when I see how he looks after her. I need to throw up.

''Hey, can we study tonight? Have some snacks and watch a movie afterward?'' Jungkook asked when my mind was somewhere else.

''Yeah yeah sure whatever,'' I just simply answered. Jungkook clapped, stood up, and helped me up as well.

''Then let's stop by the store!'' Wait for what? What did I promise?

After Jungkook had insisted I buy all the snacks he loves, we arrived home. I kicked the door open, and I didn't expect anyone to greet me because I knew my parents were working late at tonight.

My dad is a doctor and is usually on night duty or called in an emergency. Jin's mom is working in a big company I don't know.

So it's just Jungkook and me, spending the evening studying, which will probably end up just stuffing the snack into our stomachs and dying of stomach pain.

But this time, I was wrong.

A girl walked from the hallway, wearing a wide white blouse. She didn't have pants on because the blouse covered her waist and the middle of her thighs.

She instantly stopped once she saw us and blushed. ''O-oh, hello? Um...'' She started.

Oh no, he didn't.