Chapter Fifty Two

Hayley's POV

"Congratulations, Ms. Scruggs! Would you like to hold your baby while I get the paperwork together?"
The nurse smiled, presenting to me a bundled up newborn. I hesitated, then slowly reached out, carefully grabbing my baby. I couldn't believe it. At this point I had given up on having children, especially with my ex husband and I's marriage falling through. But here I am, holding my own spawn. I softly smiled down at her.
"Congratulations, hun."
Trevor chuckled, leaning down to admire my creation.
"I'm going to kill you after this, 'Steven.'"
I chuckled, nudging his arm.
"I can definitely see more you in her than Mikey."
Trevor smiled.
"You're right. Maybe the nose a little bit? And the eyes."
I pointed out, brushing back the baby's already thick, dark hair.
"What are you going to name her?"
I heard a knock on the door, interrupting our conversation.
I turned to see the nurse had returned with a stack of papers.
"Okay, I got everything ready to go here. However, you do have a visitor. Would you like to see him before or after we do paperwork?"
Him?
My heart began beating out of my chest. Him? Agent Smith? My worried gaze turned to Trevor, who spoke up.
"Can you get the visitors name? And then we will decide from there."
"Absolutely. Give me one moment!"
She sat the papers down, exiting the room.
"Trevor, if it's Agent Smith what are we going to do?"
I asked worriedly. He rubbed my back.
"Relax, Harps. I can always find a place to hide or excuse myself before he gets to the room. Everything will be okay."
He attempted to reassure me.
Both of our gazes struck the door as the nurse entered once more.
"He said his name is Michael. Michael De..Santa maybe?"
The nurse tried to recollect her thoughts. I felt butterflies in my stomach as my mouth dropped. I turned to Trevor, who even looked shocked.
"Yeah, go ahead and bring him in."
Trevor spoke up.
"Will do!"
The bubbly nurse hurriedly rushed out the door, returning with Michael. I stared him down. I couldn't believe it. His hair was askew, his beard was untamed and his clothes were damp and ragged.
"I will let you all visit and come back for the paperwork momentarily."
The nurse stated, exiting the room.
"Michael.."
I tried to blink back the tears.
"May I see our daughter?"
Michael asked, glancing down at the bundle of joy who was rather quiet for a newborn.
"Of course."
I smiled, carefully passing her to him. He held her close, a smile creeping onto his face.
"How did you know?"
I asked him.
"Lester."
He answered shortly, not taking his eyes off of baby De Santa.
"I think you owe the girl an apology for taking your sweet ass time to get here!"
Trevor growled, startling the baby.
The baby began to cry. I shot him a glare.
"Trevor, I wouldn't have taken forever to get here if it wasn't for your selfish ass taking the plane! I had to use Ron's fucking boat, which of course died on me on the outskirts of Del Perro Pier, and then had to paddle the rest of the way!"
Michael whisper-yelled, only angering Trevor more.
"Guys! Listen, I know there's a lot of confusion at the moment but can we not sort all of this out when we get home?"
I interrupted them. Michael sighed.
"You're right. We shouldn't fight in front of the kid. I'm sorry, Harper."
"It's Hayley, in here. And this is my self-proclaimed boyfriend, Steven."
I corrected him.
"Yeah...you guys definitely have a lot of explaining to do after this, but anyways."
Michael turned his attention back to the baby.
"What did you name her?"
I smiled.
"I actually haven't done the paperwork yet. You came just in time."
The nurse returned.
"Alright Mr. De Santa, would you like to step outside for a moment while we finalized some paperwork?"
She asked.
"Actually, this is the father of the baby. Is it alright if he stays?"
I spoke up.
Her eyes widened, looking from Trevor to Michael and then back to me. She quickly composed herself and smiled.
"Of course. I will just need to see your license and social, Mr. De Santa."
Michael dug out his soiled wallet, handing her the 2 cards. She hesitantly took them, writing
The information down.
"And yours should be on file from your primary care visit, Ms. Scruggs."
She double checked on the computer, writing more information down.
"Now, did you want Mr. DeSanta on the birth certificate?"
The nurse turned to me.
I paused, thinking of the consequences this may lead to with the FIB.
"Yes..yes, that's fine."
I turned to Michael, who seemed to understand my concern.
"We will deal with them later."
Trevor mouthed to me.
"And what would you like to name your baby?"
She asked.
I turned to Michael.
"Do you like the name Ivy?"
He smiled.
"I love that name, actually. What about Ivy Marie?"
"Ivy Marie De Santa."
The nurse finished up the paperwork after several moments, presenting me with an official birth certificate.
"Congratulations, you three. I will work on the discharge paperwork and you all will be good to go!"