Chapter Twenty Nine

Harper's POV

I nervously entered the factory alongside Trevor. I hadn't seen my father since I set them up to be killed. The worst part is, I don't want him finding out about me plotting his demise. It was my only way to get home. Thankfully, Trevor picked up on my plea as a played unconscious, and decided to let Dad live. He may not be the best guy, but he is my father. Deep down, I feel guilt for killing his best friends. However, death is life. We cannot escape it in the end.
I took a seat beside of Trevor on an old musty couch. I heard footsteps and turned around to see Dad entering the room. I smiled what seemed like a genuine smile.
"Dad! Hey."
He smiled, having a seat beside me and giving me a side hug.
"Hey, kid. And uh-"
He paused for a moment, peering at Trevor, the obvious hatred plastered across his face.
"Mr. Philips, sir."
He finally spoke and Trevor gave a curt nod in response. Trevor knew better than to start anything in front of me, at least for the most part.
"I'm surprised you're still in town, Dad. Did Dusty and Dave go back yet?"
A pang of guilt hit me as Dad looked at me wide eyed, then glanced at Trevor, who just shrugged it off.
He cleared his throat.
"They uh, they didn't make it, Harper."
I forced a saddened gaze and peered at the ground.
"Oh..what happened?"
"Well you see Harper, after we all had some beers and came to an agreement, they uh, they got into a drunk driving incident. You were still asleep so we didn't want to wake you."
Trevor added, feeding into the bullshit.
"Yeah, that fall you took knocked you out pretty hard. I'm sorry kid. I know you and Dusty were uh..pretty close."
I groaned to myself. That's one thing I kinda didn't want dad knowing. But it is what it is.
I just sighed, pretending to be sad, which in a way I guess I was.
"Yeah, your Dad left you with me while he planned the funerals. Sent them back to Liberty. All that fun stuff. It's crazy how he came here to kill me, and now we're best friends, right Claude?"
Trevor smirked over at Dad, who rolled his eyes.
"Right. Coincidental for sure."
"Hello again fellas, and lady. Fancy to see you all here under these circumstances."
Lester hobbled into the room and sat down at his computer, typing away. He spun around, grabbing the bridge of his nose.
"Well, it appears Dave's death is all over the news. It was labeled as a drug bust gone wrong. Hmm.."
He continued to scan through files.
"Well, Dave sure did a good job about hiding his evidence, so I don't see Michael being affected by this."
"Man, fuck Michael! I'm worried about us!"
Trevor growled, causing Lester to roll his eyes.
"That was actually an essential piece of information, considering that all of you have ties to Michael. Maybe not as much Claude, but still. If they were to get Michael, they would undoubtedly come for his affiliates as well. Anyways, right now they seem to be looking for Trevor by name. Harper, you are not the number one suspect. However, it looks like they gathered some intel from neighboring communities and got a brief possible description of you. They also interrogated Wade and Ron, your..rather special friends, Trevor. But they didn't seem to get anything out of them."
Trevor smirked.
"My men know better than to say anything. They'd much rather face FIB punishment than TPI punishment."
"I can see why."
Dad rolled his eyes.
"So..you confirmed our suspicions. Now, how the fuck are we gonna get out of this?"
I asked anxiously.
"Well..you're pretty much fucked."
Lester blandly stated.
"What?!"
Trevor and I said in unison. Dad remained silent, staring at the ground.
"Lester, cmon, we've stood up to them before..Frank, Michael and I."
"But we had time to prepare for that, Trevor. Besides, this all started because of a petty argument between Harper and Michael. Franklin may consider helping, but he's also known to take Michael's side. He's like a father figure to him."
"But look we have me, Harper, the boys back home, this motherfucker-"
Trevor motioned to Dad, who ignored his comment.
"Okay don't get your panties in a wad just yet...I may know someone."
Lester pulled up a document on his computer, pulling out his phone and dialing a number.
"Hey..yeah..it's a long fucked up story so can you just meet me at the factory asap? I have some friends here that are in need of a little assistance. Okay, great. Thank you."
Lester hung up the phone and clapped his hands together.
"I have one of my contacts on her way. You guys stay put for now. If she's willing to help, you guys will at least have a safe spot for a while. She's known to dabble in some crime herself, though. So this may be a piece of cake for her."
"She sounds hot."
Trevor blurted out.
"Oh she is, but kinda menacing at the same time, ya know?"
Lester added in.
"Is she single?"
Dad chuckled.
"Enough! I'm sure she doesn't want a group of middle aged men hitting on her."
I rolled my eyes.
"Well you sure didn't mind it, missy. And who says this girl ain't middle aged?"
"She's actually very young, but talented."
Lester added.
"See? Any female Lester fucks with is bound to be around my age."
I stated.
"Now you don't know that."
Lester sighed, attempting to prove my point wrong by searching for older female contacts on his computer. He finally threw his hands up in defeat.
"Okay, you win."

Michael's POV

I still haven't heard anything from Davey. He did say it would be on his own time, however. I tried calling him a few times, but his phone was either dead or turned off. Maybe I just needed to be patient. Or maybe he took my money and ran, who knows? That's the price you pay when you dabble in there with the feds. I sighed, flipping on the tv. For once I ventured out of my usual movies, scanning the channels with disinterest. I stopped on the news channel. As I was about to change it, my blood ran cold.
"Breaking news. High ranking FIB agent Dave Norton was shot and killed following a drug bust gone wrong. The crime occurred at 6:32 this evening. Neighbors were shocked and confused, claiming to hear nothing from the trailer around the time of the incident. After gathering intel closer into town, however, Blaine County police were able to get some further information. A definite suspect is Trevor Philips, known criminal. Mid fifties. Usually seen wearing a white tee shirt and blue jeans along with combat boots. Drives a red canis bodhi. The other potential suspect we have is potentially a relative of Philips. She is described as around 5 foot 3, dark hair and dark eyes, maybe a green or a hazel. Early to mid twenties. Civilians claim to not have seen the girl in a while, but knew she was close to the suspect a while back. Her name has not been released. A reward for suspect or suspects will be discussed on our 11:00 news as we are waiting to hear back from the FIB spokesperson. Onto the next big story-"
"Fuck!"
I screamed as I switched off the TV, slamming my hands on the table. This was all my fault. Now Harper is in trouble, along with Trevor.
I have to do something. I can't let them kill the love of my life and my best friend, despite the recent tension.
I quickly made a phone call.
"Hello?"
The tired voice answered.
"Frank! Listen man, sorry to wake you up."
"It's cool dawg. What's going on? I know you only call if it's important."
"Well, let's just say I fucked up pretty bad. I can't explain a lot over the phone, but can you meet me somewhere to discuss this?"
"For sure, man. I'll come down to your apartment. I'm on my way."
With that Franklin hung up. I then tried to dial Lester, but he didn't answer, surprisingly. I stepped out on the porch, anxiously awaiting Franklin's arrival.

New Beginnings-A Michael De Santa FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara