Chapter Thirty Six

Harper's POV

I awoke to a bright light beaming into my retinas. I attempted to sit up, to no avail. Instead, the restraints on my arms and legs locked in like a seatbelt. I shivered, blinded and unable to do anything.
"Hello, dear."
The familiar voice called, pushing the light away from my face. I blinked a few times to refocus my vision, my mouth growing agape at the sight.
"What's that sour look for? You miss me that much?"
Dusty chuckled, turning away to take a hit off of his crack pipe.
"W-what are you doing here?! I thought you were dead!"
I spat.
"Yeah, about that.."
I hear a door creak open and multiple footsteps entering the room. I struggle to turn my head as I manage to make out the footsteps as multiple suited agents.
"Good Evening, Harper.  I'm agent James Smith. My men and I have brought you here today regarding a certain unaliving of one of our agents, agent Dave Norton."
I glanced over at Dusty, then back at Agent Smith.
"You're working with them?! You're supposed to be dead!"
Dusty smiled.
"Leave the interrogation to the professionals, babe. I'm not 'supposed' to be dead. The deal was we were coming to LS to take out your people, which didn't happen. It was merely a set up to play on your father's pity so he'd sacrifice us to those man eating freaks on the mountain. Luckily, I managed to escape before the dinner bell rang that night. I seen your fugitive status on TV and decided to make a little deal with the FIB you see."
He coughed, waving his hand around as if he was trying to dismiss the smoke from the room. I turned back to Agent Smith.
"He's smoking meth in front of you guys, for fucks sake! Why are you trusting him?!"
"That's very bold coming from someone who unalived one of our best men. Not to mention your choice of friends isn't the strongest either. Let's see here, you have the biggest meth dealer of Blaine County and the biggest bank robber on this side of the coast.
Agent Smith snapped back.
"Your best bet would to accept your fate. It's over, Harper. Once we get ahold of Trevor, we will have no use to hold you here any longer."
"Trevor?! Trevor didn't kill that bastard, I did! Leave him the fuck out of this. Trevor's innocent!"
I snarled, jerking my arms out in a failed attempt to get free.
Smith chuckled.
"You don't get it, do you? Sure, you killed Agent Norton. That's pretty bad. But there are hundreds of thousands of other FIB agents. But you, Harper, you are the key that we've needed for over a decade. Something close enough to Trevor that would lead him right into our trap. As romantically involved as you have been with Michael, surely you know the duo's past?"
"If you knew the duos past so well, you'd go after Michael and Lester too! And Franklin! Not to mention the countless others they've been involved with. Criminals are criminals. I thought your job was to stop all crime, not pick and choose who to fuck with!"
I felt the blood pulsing through my veins. This wasn't good. Surely Michael and Trevor weren't stupid enough to fall for this, right? Especially with the multiple encounters they've had with these guys.
"Wow, I'd hate to be on your team. You just ratted out every affiliate you have."
Dusty rolled his eyes.
"I mean she does hold a fair point. However, in our eyes, Franklin is merely a young thug. We can brush that off as petty crime. Michael Townley is dead as far as we're concerned. He was never in witpro through us, by the way. That was exclusively a Dave thing. Lester is the brains of the operation, but let's just say he's the last of our worries right now, especially with how immobile he is. Nevertheless, we're the FIB, meaning we target whoever the fuck we want to target. And Trevor Philips has been on the list for a long time. I say it's about time to close his case."
Smith smirked, pacing back and forth, his footsteps echoing within the spacious room. His phone began to rang.
"Now, if you'll excuse me..Men, take her to solitary."
I stiffened as two tall, burly men stepped forward. I was removed from my restraints and immediately placed in handcuffs. They led me out into a dim lit alleyway. I attempted to glance around, making a mental note of my surroundings. I grunted as the men forcefully shoved me into the back of their van.
After what seemed like an eternity later, I was escorted into Los Santos' finest max security prison and shoved into a dim-lit, single man cell. I sighed, staring at my reflection through the plastic, crumbled mirror. Orange definitely wasn't my color, to say the least.

Michael's POV

"I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this, T."
I sighed, taking a drag off of my cigarette.
It was now early morning, with no sign of Harper. We had made our way to a 24/7 after an all night search. Surely she wouldn't wander that far away willingly..
"Don't be ridiculous, Mikey. Even if the FIB did have her, they wouldn't kill her. She's an asset, and they know that."
Trevor attempted to reassure me.
"But what about Claude? Someone obviously didn't see him as an asset."
I grumbled, tossing the cigarette to the ground and crushing it with my shoe.
"Listen, all we have to do is call Lester. He's always one step ahead of us."
Trevor dug in his pocket, pulling out a quarter and tossing it to me. I caught it and turned to the nearby pay phone, inserting it and pecking away frantically at the numbers.
"Hm.."
I sighed as the phone continued to ring.
"He's not answering?"
Trevor raised an eyebrow.
"Not yet."
Trevor dug out another quarter. I handed him the phone this time. He dialed the number and waited, impatiently tapping his foot. He grumbled, slamming the phone back on the hook.
"Something's not right here. Lester always answers."
I felt my heart rate elevate. Something definitely was off. I frantically dug in my pocket, finding yet another quarter. I plopped it in the booth, my hands shaking as I dialed.
"Hey dawg, wassup?"
I was relieved to hear Franklin on the other line.
"Franklin, man. We have a problem."
"I'm all ears, man. What's going on?"
Franklin responded.
I paused.
"Listen..I don't know who exactly is uh, listening, so I'll explain more later. I need you to meet us at the factory, but get there as quick as you can."
"I'm on it, dawg! I'll meet y'all there. Do y'all have wheels or do you need me to send Lamar your way?"
I jumped and turned my head at the sound of glass breaking and a wailing car horn.
"Well, I guess we do now. I'll see you soon, Frank."
"Sounds good. Hey, y'all be careful out there."
"Will do."
I quickly hung up the phone and jumped in the
grand theft auto'd Annis 300R. I peered over at Trevor, his bloody fist death gripping the steering wheel as he sped onto the highway, ignoring the distant protesters and the wailing of police sirens.

New Beginnings-A Michael De Santa FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara