Chapter Seven

I was awakened by the humming of a cell phone, and a hungover "shit!"
I sat up and wiped my eyes, and then it hit me. The reality of last night. The pounding headache. The fact that I had a threesome with my crazy ass hillbilly boss and his attractive middle aged friend. I glanced around to Trevor still passed out, drooling on the stained pillow he had somehow managed to summon beneath his head, and Michael, who was now pacing the perimeter of the bedroom, scratching the back of his head as what I presume his wife was chewing him out on the phone.
"Fuck-look..look I'm sorry, okay? No..no I didn't cheat on you..I was with Trevor okay? I got drunk and passed out. I'm on my way home now..fine..ya know what be like that! You're not the FIB you don't need to know where I am all the time! At least I didn't fuck my tennis coach in my loving husbands home! God damn it, Amanda! Fuck you!"
With that the end tone played, and Michael heaved a sigh of relief, until realizing that I was awake and witnessed the whole encounter.
As if we both had synchronized panic, we scrambled to put our clothes on, Trevor still unconscious to the world. Michael grabbed his keys, ran his hand through his hair and looked me in the eyes.
"Listen, uh, I don't wanna be that guy but..you on birth control?"
I quietly nodded, glancing down at my feet.
"Alright good uh, listen kid, we don't speak about this."
He mumbled as he tossed me a wad of cash and sped out the door. I heard an engine rumble as he sped away. I stood in silence, staring at the cash he had just handed me. I don't know what was worse about this, the fact that I slept with a married man, or the fact he called me a kid after, and then gave me hush money. And not even to mention the fact that my boss was involved. Fuck man. My eyes darted at Trevor beginning to stir, and I quickly bolted out the door.
I practically ran to my house, slamming the door and locking the deadbolt. I leaned against the door for a moment, and then threw my clothes off in disgust, running to the shower and hopping in, totally ignoring the initial cold droplets on my bare body.
I stood there for what seemed like hours. Scrubbed my body as if I was getting rid of yesterday. What the fuck, Harper? Is this really what you wanted? I felt tears begin to well in my eyes as I gently closed them and allowed the rain to fall.
The water finally began to turn cold as I stepped out and turned the knob off, wrapping myself in a towel. I made my way to my bedroom and crashed, only to hear my phone vibrating from the mess of clothes on the floor. I groaned, choosing to ignore it, and drifted off to sleep.