Chapter Fourteen

(A/N: I forgot to explain this more in the last chapter but for anyone wondering, yes, Harper's dad is Claude from GTA 3. There are a lot of speculations about his real last name. Some say Claude is just a code name, some say he was the same Claude from GTA 2, which was Claude Speed. So, for plot sake we're just gonna say that's his last name. Thank you guys so much for sticking with me on this fanfic. Love you all xx)

I woke up, startled at first until I remembered last night. The snores coming from the living room concluded my speculations. Trevor had showed up shit faced, crashing on the couch. So, Michael and I shared a bed. Of course, nothing happened. And it wasn't really awkward. For one, I like the man, and two, we shared a bed that night when we all got drunk and..yeah. So, I wasn't uncomfortable with it.
I looked down and noticed Michael's arm around my stomach, making me blush a bit. If he realized, he'd probably smack himself. I figured it was just him subconsciously remembering his marriage to Amanda or something. I carefully slid out of his grasp, tiptoeing to the kitchen to make breakfast. I decided on eggs and bacon. As I was frying the bacon, I heard a groan, making me jump. I turned around as Trevor sat up on the couch, rubbing his eyes.
"Mama?......where am I?"
I chuckled a bit at his confusion, pulling the pan off the stove and plating the food.
I sat the plates down and walked over to Trevor.
"Trevor, do you remember what happened last night?"
I asked, cautiously.
Trevor thought for a moment.
"Not really...did we fuck?"
I instinctively smacked him, his cheek turning red. I gasped, instantly regretting it.
Instead of the raging bull, however, I got an "Ow! God damn it, Harper!"
I sighed.
"Sorry, Trevor. But no, you showed up drunk or drugged on something, and I let you crash here. How did you find this place, anyways?"
"Lester told me."
Of course, leave it to the fucking creep.
"Anyways, what did you want, Trevor?"
Trevor sighed.
"I, I'm sorry, Harper. I'll pay you for the damages I caused. I guess I took our friendship the wrong way."
I nodded, unsure of what to say. I didn't want to forgive him. I hated him, and a simple 'sorry' after burning down a house wasn't much, but it was admittedly something, coming from Trevor after all.
I sighed.
"Come on Trevor, I made you breakfast."
I motioned towards the table, taking a seat on the end as Trevor sat in the middle. He inhaled the food like it was cocaine.
"So.."
Trevor wiped his mouth, yawning like a baby.
"I heard Lester wanted to talk to ya. I knew you had criminal blood in ya, sugar tits."
I blushed at his comment, raising my hand to smack him once again but attempting to refrain.
"I'm not my father, Trevor."
"Well you sure were quick to change your last name back."
He mocked.
I rolled my eyes.
"What? Did Lester tell you my whole fucking life history?"
"Only 3/4 of it."
Trevor looked around the table, eyeballing Michael's food.
"Hey, is that one for me, too?"
"No, Trevor."
"Awe, why not? You're not eating it."
"It's Michael's."
"Michael? That fat bastard is coming over here?"
It was at that moment that I realized, Lester had not told him the full story, but yet just enough to fuck me over.
I sighed.
"Well..not exactly."
"So then why can't I eat his fucking food?! Cmon, Harper. All I've ate the past 3 days is leftovers from 6 months ago. If the fat bastard is too lazy to drive up here, his loss, right?"
"Trevor..Michael's here."
"Here?"
Trevor frantically looked around.
"I don't see him. Did he fucking die again?"
"Wow, I guess Lester really didn't tell you everything, huh? Michael lives here, Trevor."
"WHAT?!"
Trevor jumped up from the table, slamming his fist upon it.
"You run away from my advances when I've treated you more than fucking well for that fucking fat pig?! What does he have that I don't, huh Harper? Is it because he had the bigger dick than me? Is it because he's filthy rich, clean shaven and you think you'll get that money when he croaks over from a heart attack from eating a fucking bleeder burger?! Is that what this is, Harper?!"
"Fuck you, Trevor Philips! It's not like that! His divorce isn't even finalized, and if I could go back and change that night, I wouldn't have fucked either one of y'all! Hell, maybe I would've tried to make it work with my husband..anything to be away from you guys! I didn't want to fucking murder people and drive erratically. I wanted a normal fucking life, and this is what you've made me. Get the fuck out of my house!"
I expected yelling, breaking shit, anger of some sort. Instead, Trevor laid his head low, in silence. He headed towards the door, and some instinctive reason made me want to run and block it. However, I stood frozen as he quietly exited the building. As I turned around to gather the dishes, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Michael, freshly wakened, his hair kinked on one side. His stubble had began to grow in and he was clothed in a white t shirt and boxers.
I faced him, an odd feeling rising in my chest.
"Hey..did I wake you?"
I asked softly.
"Only a little."
Michael half smiled.
"Listen, Harper. I'm still sorry about that night. I'm sorry if I've been any influence at all to your delinquency. If me being around is holding you back, I can leave. You're meant to do more in this world than kill inbred hillbillies, Harper."
My face flushed red. He heard it, all of it, the childish rant to get Trevor to leave. It was worded so incorrectly, and now he thinks that's how I feel.
"I'm gonna go pack my stuff."
Michael turned around, but I grabbed him.
"No, don't, please."
I sounded like a child, but in the moment I didn't care.
Michael sighed, looking me in the eyes.
"I don't want to hold you back. You've got the potential to be someone great, I mean it."
"No, Michael. Don't go.."
Tears started to slip. I couldn't help but let them fall.
Michael pulled me into a hug, and I melted into his embrace.
"Hey..it's okay."
"I'm sorry.."
I cried into his shoulder.
He continued to hold me for what seemed like hours, rubbing my back and attempting to calm me down.
I pulled away, wiping my face off. My face was puffy and sore.
"I'm sorry Michael. I can't help it...no matter how hard I try...I can't help but to..be attracted to you."