Chapter Fifty

Hayley's POV

"Hey, Trev. I brought you your favorite."
I smiled softly as I bestowed upon him his Cluckin' Huge Meal."
"Thanks, Harps."
He chuckled, grabbing the bag from me and engulfing the food.
"Damn, you act like you never get fed."
I teased.
He rolled his eyes.
"Says the one who is allowed to leave the house and live freely. This is just like prison, except with a hot chick and drugs."
I smacked his arm.
"Ow! I was just messing with you, damn! Those hormones have got you even more aggressive nowadays."
I sighed, practically crashing onto the couch. I wasn't used to having to work a real job anymore, much less at 9 months pregnant. But Trevor had to play dead and the FIB didn't offer money in the deal. Nevertheless, my feet were killing me and I hated dealing with the public. I had taken a job as a bartender at the Diamond Casino downtown. It wasn't a bad job, just a culture shock coming from a life of crime and running from the feds for the past few years.
Trevor had actually stepped up tremendously, though. For one, he respected the fact that he had to stay hidden. Also, not once did he try and make a move on me, despite his perverted comments. He slept on the couch and only confronted me to ask if I needed anything or to help me out. We coexisted quite peacefully, which was definitely unexpected. And I know if he was able to be seen, he definitely would be helping out more. I felt guilty in a way, ruining his life to save my own. But he understood where I was coming from.
Trevor was so ecstatic about baby Scruggs. It was kind of adorable, to be honest. If situations were different, maybe we would've ended up together. But instead I had to fall for his back stabbing comrade.
"Need help?"
Trevor muttered, bending down to untie my shoes. He slid them off and threw them to the side. He grabbed my foot, beginning to slowly massage it. He worked his way to the other foot too. I watched him in awe. This guy, who was so sought after by the feds for being such a nuisance to society, was here massaging my sweaty feet. He looked up, his face turning perplexed.
"What the fuck are you looking at me like that for?!"
He snapped. I giggled.
"Nothing Trevor, it's just, it's kinda funny oh 'Big Bad Trevor' is over here giving me a foot rub. It feels great, by the way."
He shook his head, continuing to do magic on my feet.
"I used to do this for my mom a lot...and Patricia."
"I see. You're really good at it..not for Hannah, though?"
"Nah, fuck that bitch."
Trevor scowled, placing my foot back on the ground.
"Geez, sorry to hit the wrong cord. I was making a joke."
I assured him.
He started to get up, and I grabbed his arm. I didn't know what I was doing. He stared at me, frozen. Anger and fear danced across his face. I could tell he was vulnerable. I slowly leaned in, closing my eyes. I kissed him. He hesitated, then accepted the gesture, placing his rough hand against my cheek. His tongue swirled in my mouth. I groaned. All of a sudden he pulls back, pushing me off of him. I fall back onto the couch.
"What the fuck, Harper?!"
He spat, wiping his mouth.
My face burned red.
"Fuck, Trevor I'm sorry! I don't know what I was thinking."
Tears began to fall.
I got up, pushing my way past him and made it to the bedroom, collapsing onto the bed. I muffled my cries with a pillow.
I heard heavy footsteps behind me moments later.
"Hey.."
Trevor sat down beside me, rubbing my back.
"Go away."
I cried.
"No, Harper, just listen."
I halfway rolled over to meet his gaze. He pushed my dark hair out from in front of my face. He sighed.
"Harper, listen. It's not you..in fact, I'd love nothing more than to rail the fuck out of you right now."
He paused, probably expecting a punch or a slap. He then continued.
"But I can't do it, Harper. You're pregnant with my best friend's kid. And Harper, this is totally up to you but I think he deserves to know."
I sat up, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.
"I don't know, Trevor."
"Listen, I don't think he chested, Harper."
My eyes widened.
"What?! I can't believe you're siding with that-"
Before I could finish Trevor wrapped his arms around my head, pressing his hands against my mouth.
"Just shut up for a second and listen, okay."
I nodded, tears welling once more.
He sighed.
"I didn't know how to tell you because you already had enough shit to worry about, and I didn't want you to think I was taking up for the pig headed bastard, but uh, Jimmy told me everything. He told me how Amanda got him to ask Franklin to pick them up, and how he knew his mom's plan the whole time. But he didn't want to say anything until you interrogated him because he didn't want his mother to hate him. But the last time I seen him we were smoking a big bowl and he told me everything. He even felt guilty about allowing you to walk in on that. But he knows for a fact nothing happened. She just manhandled him up a good bit and tried to get him to cave, so then she would have proof to throw in your face. Unfortunately you just caught them at an awkward time, making it seem like they screwed."
"You've got to be kidding me."
My heart felt faint.
"I'm as serious as an STD, sweet cheeks. I want to strangle Michael half the time but I know for a fact that he has never loved anyone more than you, even though he has a shitty way of showing it."
"Fuck.."
I slammed my face into my hands. I looked over at Trevor.
"I have to find him. I'm such an asshole."
All of a sudden there was a beating at the door.
"FIB, open up, Hayley."