Chapter One

Sandy fucking Shores. What a place.
I sighed as I looked around at the oh so lively desert, from the worn down Chinese restaurant to the sketch tattoo parlor. The good thing was that everything was in walking distance, because my asshat of an ex took the car in the divorce.
However, I missed Liberty City. I missed my ex husband, although he wasn't the nicest being. I missed my best friend, who I caught in bed with said ex husband multiple times. I missed feeling wanted..appreciated. I thought I would enjoy the peace and quiet in this little trailer but I was wrong. It's only been a month and I've already lost a sense of who I am..
My neighbors are quite intriguing too. Across from me we have this older gentleman, admittedly handsome in a fucked up way. He's always screaming and taking a whiff of this rag he keeps on the railing of his porch. Sometimes I'll see him escorting women in his house or blacked out drunk in the middle of the night. Good for him, though. At least he provides something interesting to Zancudo Avenue.
Then there's this conspiracy theorist looking guy with a weird fisherman's hat. He has all kinds of radio station stuff around his house, and it takes him what seems like years to unlock his door. Seems very paranoid too, as if he had taken a laced hit of dank that fucked him up permanently. Then there's this guy who has dreads and face paint. He's spoken to me a few times in passing. Seems a little slow but genuine. He's probably one of the most normal people here, to be honest.
There are a few more neighbors down the street, but they aren't very interesting. They barely leave the house and when they do it's just going to work and back. Pretty standard lives if you ask me.
I was hoping to move more towards Los Santos initially, but my husband only left me with merely 2000 in the divorce settlement. That's enough for 4 months rent here. Luckily, the place was so shitty it didn't require a down payment. Rich asshole never worked a day in his life. He owned a lot of businesses like small stores and burnt them for insurance money. I feel like he was also into some gang activity on the side, perhaps smuggling dope. He didn't allow me to have any job that required me leaving the house. He was possessive, to say the least. Funny he's the one that cheated..
I walked to the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water, peering into the cracked mirror. My long brown hair was knotted and unkempt, my green eyes had bags under bags from nights of restlessness. My fair skin had gotten more pale with worry, fear, depression. I was a damn mess. No wonder he left me for that busty, younger blonde receptionist at the Diamond Casino with the cherry red lipstick that was trailed down his neck...The cheap perfume he always reeked of..
No wonder he cheated on me with my best friend, who was thin and beautiful, medium straight frost blonde hair and natural makeup.
I shivered at the thoughts, not allowing any tears to form.
I had to get a job. I couldn't lie around and mope in this makeshift home forever. I needed money to get back on my feet, to hopefully find a better place and a nice car. Perhaps create a new sense of self. But how? I didn't know much about this town, much less what kind of jobs were available. Should I look at a newspaper? Hell, I don't think this town even has one.
I sighed, plopping down on my cardboard box furniture and started scrolling through eye finder.
I scrolled for what seemed like an eternity until something finally caught my eye.
"Secretary?"
Hmm, it seems like it's just down the street. The pay varies but it's better than nothing.
I looked out the window.
What around here could use a secretary, though? Maybe it was a small business. I'm not the most familiar with the town yet. I decided to shoot the number a text asking for more details.