chapter 07

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐
chapter seven : tell me your story.
└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

"i don't like how you paint me but
i'm still here hanging."

——

ḩ̷͕̱̲̰͔̳̪̰̠̿̏̒̏̂̈́̏̾̅̈́̆͌͘̕ḯ̵̢̧̪̻̭̣̝̗̯͈͖͋̂̓s̸̡̲͓̟̥̯͍̦͔͎̻̽ ̶̢̧̛̛̮̟̱͓̲͓̲͍̰͔̃̂̀̉̃͑̀̈́̉̾̾̈́̀͝͝p̵̧̛̦̞̤͇̞̞̝̰͉̖̱̽̇͂̋̏͂͆͌́͆̍́͗̎̾̅̒̈́͘͝͠ǫ̷̦̼͍͙̺̖͍̠͍͎̿̓͒͆̒̈́̏ͅv̵̢̡̨̛̛̯͉̫͉̰͙͔͕̣̰͇̖̗̫͖̺̖͇̊̀͆̂̐͗̏̃̅͑̍̊̀̊̕͜
was this okay? was it overstepping boundaries? he didn't know if it was possible to just... stop what he was doing, but it was too late. he dug a hole and he couldn't seem to get out.

——

"what? adrien became your tutor?" nathaniel repeated in shock. you raised your brow at him, "what? is that a bad thing?" nathaniel looked at you dead panned, "you got the schools most popular guy to tutor you? you might be a girls next target." he said.

rolling your eyes. "it's not that deep," you mumbled. an odd feeling that eyes were on you shivered your spine but you ignored them. feeling a tap on your shoulder you turn around to face marinette who had a smile on her face. "what are you guys talking about?" she asked, sitting down beside you and nathaniel at the lunch table. "oh! marinette! we were talking about maths," you said embarassed to admit your being tutored by adrien.

marinette stuck out her tongue in disgust. "i hate maths. oh, and science, and the fact i have miss mendeliv is even worse." she whined. "to be honest i thought that being abroad meant i could slack off on schoolwork but..." you said scratching the back of your head, "—work is work," someone said finishing your sentence.

you turned around to see adrien smiling at you guys, books in his hands. you looked at marinette and flaunted her an encouraging smile. "hi adrien..." she sheepishly smiled. "good morning marinette!"

you didn't forget marinette's crush on adrien. a couple weeks into school, and the infamous alya and marinette duo had kept including you in marinette's plan to have proper conversations with adrien. marinette promised you she didn't like him as much anymore, but it was visible she still had a very big crush on him.

and as her new found friend, you wanted to encourage her as much as possible. you never experienced love before. youve always wanted that hopeless romantic life, but it honestly was not a priority.

you never really remembered if you had any specific crushes, or experienced love before the crash that erased your memories. your parents never mentioned anyone or anything either so you assumed your love life was mundane.

looking at the stacks of books in adrien's hands you raised a brow. "why do you have so many books with you?" you questioned. adrien sat down beside you plopping the textbooks gently on the desk. "these are my old books from my old tutors. i'm gonna use these with you at our session later," he said flaunting a smile.

"session?" marinette raised a brow. you quickly waved your hands around slightly punching adrien in the stomach. "why are you making it sound weird?" you mumbled irritated. adrien laughed slightly and you shook your head hoping marinette wouldn't get the wrong idea. "since when were you guys so close?" nathaniel asked, "were not." you said quickly, adrien pretended to be offended. "im just helping her with math, tutoring her, thats all" adrien said to them. marinette and nathaniel nodded their head slowly processing what adrien said. "if you guys ever need help with math, then you should join us! It's not like a scheduled thing, just whenever i need help," you said. marinette squealed, "i love that idea! invite me whenever!" she said grabbing your shoulders in glee. you laughed at her quirkiness and patted her head.

lunch rolled around, and instead of eating in the cafeteria, you were roaming the halls looking for adrien. you two were supposed to study at the library but there was a gaming competition going on, and you knew you wouldn't be able to focus if you heard how much fun everyone was having. adrien said he knew a spot at the music room that was almost never busy during lunch, so here you were trying to find it.

walking past corridors, you read a sign that said, "music room 02." nodding to yourself thinking this is the door, you walk in, bright lights shining in your face.

"ah y/n, youre here" adrien said. "yeah, dang, this room is cool" you said looking around the room. colourful posters plastered around the room, followed by huge portraits of famous musicians. instruments scattered around the room, chalky boards filled with eraser marks on the walls, you looked around in awe. "since when was there a music class? i didn't see it on the list of courses," you asked touching the instruments that were infront of you. "to be honest, i dont know if we do or not, i've never checked or signed up for one," he said shrugging his shoulders. "is there a club? if there is, you best believe im gonna join!" you chirped sitting down beside adrien at a small desk at the corner of the music class. "music isn't all that grand anyways, dont get distracted from math" he said flicking his pen on my forehead. i yelped in pain, though it didn't hurt at all, "ouch!"

although adrien told you to not mind the instruments, you couldn't help but look at them. your focus automatically goes to the room and not the numbers on the paper. "ughhh" you groaned hiding your face on your shoulders, "i hate maths i cant focus." you said words slightly muffled. adrien sighed. "you resemble a baby,"

"a cute baby?"

"no, the attention span of a baby."

rolling your eyes you got up and trotted happily to the instruments. "maybe the library was a better idea..." adrien said to himself, ruffling his hands through his blonde hair. for a small second, you were in awe. an intrusive thought was telling you to run your hands through his hair, and feel how soft it was. shaking off the weird thought you sat down beside a guitar. "do you even know how to play?" you shook your head and shrugged. "no, but i can learn," you snickered. plopping the guitar onto your lap, it was slightly too big, but you could manage.

you strummed your fingers through the strings a couple times, and adrien bursted out laughing. "oh god, that sounded awful, its not even tuned," he said, laughing while sitting beside you. "Its sounds bad because its out of tune, not because of me," you said triumphantly. "dont be mean though! even an out of tune guitar can sound pretty too," adrien's eyes softened, something that didn't go unnoticed by you.

"do you know how to play? teach me" adrien shook his head firmly. "i dont know how to" gasping in pretend shock, you put your palm to your mouth. "adrien agreste, mr.perfect, has something that he's not good at?"

"hey! youre sounding a little too like the other girls at our school..." he said grumbling. there was a long pause before he continued, "and for your information, i do know how to play. i took years of classes for various instruments,"

"then you should be good enough to teach me!" his smile began to falter, and his posture stiffened. "i quit music a long time ago, i promised myself i'd never touch an instrument ever again," he said with a low tone. his head bowed down, facing the ground, you weren't able to catch his expression, but you knew that it was one of sadness.

"do you have bad memories with music? like, some sort of trauma?" silence engulfed the two of you, as the atmosphere grew uncomfortable. fiddling with your fingers, you opened your mouth hesitantly. "you and the others listened to my story about my accident, so ill return the favour. If you ever want to talk about what happened and get the weight off your shoulders, ill be that person for you." you said to him. adrien's eyes met yours, and his eyes of emerald oceans screamed sadness and melancholy. "maybe some other time, when we get closer, maybe ill tell you more about me too." he said with a sad smile. in hopes to lighten the mood you punched his stomach lightly with a playful tone you said, "i thought we were already getting close you loser," walking back to the desk, adrien following shortly after, the two of you began to continue your math tutoring.

it piqued your curiosity, and you honestly couldn't focus properly. you wanted to know what happened with adrien that had ignited such a sad reaction, but you didnt want to pry.

it turns out that just like you, everyone else had their own story, parts of their lives that they wish to not remember.