chapter 02

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐
chapter two : who are you?
└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

the amount of nerves you were feeling was unbearable.
"ugh i don't feel well..." you muttered to yourself walking out of the principles door. mister damocles rambled on about your class schedule, and how grand this school was. you wouldn't lie but you were only half listening. you began to walk back to nathaniel who was profusely drawing on his phone. "hey! so this is our home room?" you asked nath. he looked up from his phone and nodded. "it already started but i'll walk in first and tell her that you're here." he said opening the door and walking inside.

anxiety was slowly starting to eat you, the hems on your sweater was being fumbled again and you tried to take deep breaths. peeping at the window that lead to the big class you would call home room, you tried to take quick glimpses of the teacher and students without being seen. you were constantly bobbing your head up and down from the windows. you couldn't see clearly but you saw a bunch of students in the class, and the teacher who had a bright smile on her face.

you heard footsteps and a voice getting louder and quickly left the window area and stood in front of the door. "good morning, y/n! my name is miss bustier, come in come in," she chimes, her warm smile greeting you, friendliness radiating off her. miss bustier lead you to the middle of the class that seemed ever so spacious, with many faces staring at you.

you felt so awkward, feeling every single pair of eyes on you. scanning through the students, starting from top to bottom, you noticed nathaniel, his red hair hard to miss. before you can finish looking at all the students, miss bustier caught you off guard. "class, this is y/n from the new exchange program curated this year, please introduce yourself dear."

you cleared your throat, trying to smile without your mouth twitching. you started to feel your legs grow weak, almost like jelly. it felt like your knees were wobbling, you hoped your classmates didn't catch that. you introduced yourself like how you practiced almost twenty times last night.

"hi everyone, my name is y/n l/n--"
"like as in the l/n airlines?"
"woah,"
"i heard that the airline got into..."

a bunch of murmurs were heard after you exposed your last name. you tried to ignore the gossip and continued your introduction.

"i'm here from (home country). i just arrived at paris yesterday so please feel free to give me a tour, i hope to get along with everyone!" you shyly said, smiling. your soon to be classmates of a year started clapping and you heard a few 'welcome y/n's in the sea of students. "amazing y/n, i hope you enjoy it here. today youll sit with marinette as her desk mate is absent. once we get settled i'll assign you a proper seat." miss bustier said pointing her hand to marinette.

you looked at the direction miss bustier was facing, and there sat the girl from earlier who everyone was playfully laughing at. you two locked eyes and she shone a wonky but cute smile. the eye contact cut short as your eyes averted to the boy under her.

the boy with the sweet warm honey blonde hair. it looked really soft, and for some reason so much more brighter than anyone else in this room. his head was on his arms that layed on top of the desk. you couldn't see his face, but somehow just being somewhat closer to this boy started making your stomach feel things.

"y/n?" miss bustier called out to you.

you quickly snapped out of your trance, apologizing and walking to the seat beside the pig-tailed girl named marinette. miss bustier began to write things down on the board and marinette leaned towards you whispering, "hey y/n, im marinette. i'm not one to talk first to new people, but i guess today's a day for new things!"

you closed your eyes and smiled. "thanks for being brave marinette, i hope we can become good friends, i really wanna make the best out of my year here," marinette nodded. "well, paris is definitely a good choice. never a mundane day here."

turning your attention to the teacher infront of you, she began to explain a little overview of the school year. you knew she did this specifically for you, but you couldn't pay attention.

the sleeping boy infront of you with that unforgettable honey hair kept distracting you. he wasn't doing anything, heck! he wasn't even moving— his chest was moving up and down, but it still was so enticing and distracting. who was this boy that your attention kept levitating to you?

when homeroom was over, there was a 10 minute break before the next class started. this time was taken advantage by the rest of the students who came to you to bombard you with questions. it overwhelmed you slightly, but you were happy to see people be so curious about you. "hmph. who cares about a lame airplane girl anyways. heard they got into a lot of accidents anyways. lame!" a girl with a face full of makeup scoffed waking away. ouch. i guess bullies are everywhere huh? "y/n, don't mind her! chloe is not a nice girl, ignore the things she says, it's all out of spite!" a short blonde haired girl squeaked, patting your back. "i didn't even say anything to her, but i've already upset her?" you asked, a slight frown on her face. "because you took all the attention, that's how she is," marinette chimed in. you turned around and did a small pout. "oh you are so adorable..." marinette mumbled. you didn't catch that though, as you shook your head in disappointment.

"hahaha, i heard that marinette." someone said. your eyes averted to where the voice came from, and there was that blonde boy chuckling at marinette's unheard statement. marinette flushed from embarrassment, and the blonde boy couldn't help but keep laughing.

when your eyes met this boy's face, it's as if they were locked on, they wouldn't budge. you were so drawn to his face, he was undoubtedly handsome, but there was just something about him that made you keep staring. he had glowing skin, with the prettiest pink lips, the most angelic features, paired with dazzling emerald green eyes. his laugh too, it was so contagious and deep.

your hand twitched again, and something in your chest felt tight. uncomfortably tight but not unbearable. your heart started to hurt, and felt like it was falling to the deep pits of your stomach. was this normal? who is this boy and why was your body reacting this way when you came across him?

you didn't realize it, but you stared at him for longer than normal. this was not unknowing to the classmates as they saw you give this boy a visible stare down.

head tilted, eyebrows furrowed, your mouth spoke before your mind registered what you said.

"who are you?"

——
𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 authors note
🎀 : not me making a slow burn but wanting them to fall in love right away and become lovers and live happily ever after.. also why is it so easy for me to write 1k words for chapters in less than 30 minutes but i can't write my 1.5k paper due tmrw for the life of me ;—; anyways, i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of y/n slowly beginning to meet everyone <3