chapter 01

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐
chapter one : a star was born.
└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

ah, paris.
the city filled with saturated hues, vibrant colours, vibrant people. mundane wasn't a word in paris' vocabulary. everyday was filled with excitement and adventure. and you were no exception to paris' mischief.

"first day of school, shouldn't be too hard right?" you hesitantly said to yourself in the mirror. fixing the hair clips in your shiny hair, you nervously fidgeted with the hems of your knitted sweater. today was your first day of school, and you were definetly anxious. new things were uncomfortable to you, but you were always up for the challenge. your mother always told you how much of a soldier you were, always going into things head-first, naive, but so youthful and sparkling. you hoped your new classmates would feel the same way about you.

゚𐦍༘⋆ flashback — 6 months ago.

"i knew from the moment you were born, that you were gonna be special. a star, someone who shines so brightly that no dark sky can ever mask. as soon as you were born, you didn't cry! i knew you would be a champ after that..."

was the last thing you heard your mother say before she passed away. your mother was your role model. she was agile, confident, stern, but the most of all was how loving she was towards people that she cares for. she had the sweetest spot for you. born into a family of pilots, your mother wanted to be a flight attendant to aid to the career your dad's family had been involved with for centuries. different countries in europe was where your mother wanted to go as her first flight attendant destination, but after you were born, she put that dream aside.

you've always wanted to follow in your families footsteps to be apart of the airplane industry, but ever since the winter of five years ago, you were involved in a horrible jet incident that caused you to fall into a eighteen month comma.

ever since then, you've avoided anything to do with flying, and even heights. being in a coma had made you lost some mobility in your legs, and unfortunately, your memory. when you woke up, it felt... weird. some people say that when you're in a coma, you often feel confused and agitated. but when you woke up, even though your body was numb, the heaviest pit dropping feeling in your stomach surfaced. even now you're still struggling to use your legs to its full capacity because of how weak and fragile-boned they became.

it broke your mothers heart seeing what they love to do hurt you, and even more when she saw you suffered memory loss. though, she and your dad tried their best to put you back on your feet. you're forever grateful for her, and your love for her is as strong even though she's not alive anymore.

"y/n, come sweetheart," your father beckoned. you closed the notebook you were scribbling on, and onto the couch, meeting your dad's grey eyes. "have you chosen what country in europe you want to stay in for your study abroad?" he asked. putting your finger on your head tapping lightly you hummed. "i don't know dad, there's just so many options!" you pulled out your phone scrolling through your abroad options. your senior year of highschool was coming into a start, and you had to choose where you wanted to stay at for your final year. your school had programs for students to transfer into different highschools or post secondaries in any country that is in their pick-list. when you saw all the different europe options, you knew the descision would be tricky.

"how about rome? i went there with your mom for our honeymoon. paris? berlin?"

when your father mentioned paris, something in your brain clicked that just screamed that paris was the perfect place. "paris! yes! i want to go to paris," you shouted as you ran into your room. your legs limped slightly, but you made it.