Chapter 35: Kara

"You have got to settle down, Kara. You're literally making me dizzy right now," Alex groaned from her spot on my bed. She was lounging among the pile of discarded dress clothes I had either vetoed out right or tried on once or twice.

"I'm just nervous. We haven't really done this before." I held up a dress, but threw it aside. It was too summery, and it was decidedly not warm enough for that yet. At least not comfortably.

"See, I don't get that. Why?"

"Because the paparazzi love to follow Lena around, and others like to try and kill her; two things I'm not super keen on allowing to happen."

"Okay, preach, but like, you guys get lunch and stuff. How is this different?"

"This is... Different? And, it was Lena's idea. She asked me on a date, so it feels–"

"Kara Danvers, if you say 'different', I'm going to slap you."

I stalled on my way back towards the bathroom and jabbed towards Alex. "You have no right to tell me not to do something or bad mouth me right now. You fucked Kelly on my sink."

She grimaced. "Well, more like against the bathroom door, but point proven."

"You broke James by the way." I began to unzip the dress I had put on, letting the material fall away.

"Oh, trust me. I know. I have yet to hear the end of it. At least I didn't fuck up Lena's bed."

I snorted. "She drug it out for nearly a week, just letting Sam fester. It was kinda funny to be honest."

"Why don't you wear a suit?" Alex rolled off the edge of the bed. "You still have that blue one right?"

"Is that too much?"

"No! Absolutely not. All women love women in suits. It's like, law." She dug through my clothes, until she found the appropriate garment bag. I hadn't worn the suit in question in a long time. It had been an impulse purchase a couple of years ago because I had always wanted a suit, but there had only been one instance where I had the courage to wear it. "Wear this. The pants make your ass look good."

"I don't think Lena looks at my ass," I laughed, but the thought of her doing so sent a shock between my legs. I fought off the involuntary urge to let my teeth chatter.

"She does, just in case you were wondering." Alex was all but smirking as she tossed the suit bag on the bed. "She's not subtle about it either by the way."

"Wait, really?"

"Yes, you idiot!" She began pulling the material out of the bag. "You just aren't paying attention. She's one-hundred percent an ass person."

"I find that so hard to believe."

"Well, I have eyes; she looks. You don't have to be a sexual being to appreciate how attractive someone is, and that woman appreciates yours."

My body began to heat uncomfortably fast to be mostly naked in front of my sister. Thankfully, she was too busy to notice. Did Lena really look at me like that? We still hadn't wandered down that road together, but I had been more open about my masturbation than I ever had been with any person. I had no choice after we started spending more time together than apart. There was no way I was going to hide in her bathroom to get myself off without telling her. Lena had been courteous about it on the rare occasion that I got myself worked up or my body simply craved release. She would allow me the freedom to do what I needed to feel good and accept me with open arms when I was done. She would cover me in kisses and give me all the cuddles I could ever wish for afterwards, even so far as to let me pass out on her chest.