[ 𝟒𝟓 ] - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞

Почніть із самого початку

Charlie smiled knowingly.

She then steered Vaggie by the shoulders towards (Y/N), gesturing with an excited grin for her to speak, her gaze practically filled with sparkles.

Vaggie sighed.

"I guess I'm glad you're okay, too," she muttered as she crossed her arms over her chest, almost begrudgingly so considering she was still irritated over how much affection Charlie was showing someone else. "Seeing you so near-dead shouldn't happen again, so be careful from now on."

"Thanks, Vaggie," (Y/N) smiled softly.

    I knew it.

Being worried about is nice.

It's been so long since anyone's ever expressed something like this towards me...

I missed it.

Almost slipping into a lamentation about her past life, (Y/N) was grateful to be snapped out of it when Sir Pentious slithered up towards her with a bouquet of flowers in hand, his little minion Egg Boiz following not too far behind as usual. Almost instantly, the smell of roses filled the room, enriching (Y/N)'s senses with the earthen and sweet odor.

"For you, Misss (Y/N)," Pentious bowed lowly as he presented her with the bouquet that—now upon further inspection—looked to be freshly picked. "For your bravery and courage of facing the Vees, I commend you wholeheartedly."

"These are beautiful!" (Y/N)'s smile overtook her entire face. "Thank you, Pentious!"

"It isss no problem at all, my dear!" The snake demon seemed proud of himself for having made (Y/N) so happy, his hood flapping open whilst his back straightened ever so slightly. "It isss only natural that I award sssuch an outssstanding and courageousss beauty sssuch as yourssself flowersss like these! A woman like you only deservesss the best! Asss my friend and compatriot, you only dessserve the bessst!"

"You're so sweet, Pen," she chuckled behind her hand, moved by Pentious' present.

However, Alastor viewed the gift in an entirely different light, a dark and writhing feeling broiling within the pit of his stomach that made his jaw tighten and his eyes narrow. This mass within him twisted and twisted the longer he observed the interaction between Sir Pentious and (Y/N), his entire aura suffocating to the point it showed by the blackening of his sclera and the sudden growth of his antlers. A menacing figure, Alastor watched as Pentious trembled under his intense stare, his widening, jagged smile only adding the eerie effect.

Swiping his thumb across his neck, Alastor ensured Pentious knew very well of his place and how thin of an ice sheet he was dancing upon.

Pentious shriveled in fear.

When noticing Pentious' suddenly meek behavior and gaze which seemed to be directed behind her, (Y/N) turned towards Alastor with suspicion. Yet, somehow, Alastor was able to shift his expression and aura to that of a charming and classy gentleman that he so normally showed everyone.

(Y/N)'s frown deepened.

Just as she opened her mouth to speak, Niffty distracted her upon scuttling up to her, cackling, "Here's my get-well present, (Y/N)!"

With that, she was handed a dead bug.

(Y/N) blinked at the carcass.

Yep.

That's Niffty.

"Thank you so much," she plastered a smile on her face as she forced Alastor to hold her dead bug present, patting Niffty lightly on the head in gratitude. "I'll cherish it."

Niffty giggled at that before scurrying away back to her tasks, Charlie chuckling at the small woman while even Vaggie shook her head with a disbelieving smile. Deciding not to question Niffty's rather strange present nor Pentious' sudden one-eighty turn in attitude, (Y/N) instead glanced around in search of Angel and Husk as they were the only ones left she hadn't seen. Yet, neither in the bar area nor in the lobby did she find them.

"Hey, Charlie?" (Y/N) walked back up to the Princess. "Where's Angel and Husk?"

"Ah..." Charlie seemed frozen at that, her eyes widening whilst a rather worried and confused emotion glimmered within.

"Charlie...?" Her brows furrowed.

"Husk went out after Angel when he stormed out," Vaggie finished for Charlie, ever the helpful partner to her girlfriend. "Angel... he... blamed himself for your condition. And after Alastor threatened him, well, he didn't think he had a right to be here."

"Wait, what!" (Y/N) exclaimed in alarm as she whirled around to face Alastor.

He denied nothing.

His smile was devious, his eyes glowing a dark red, seemingly proud of himself for ridding the hotel of the nuisance of a spider demon.

Turning back to Vaggie after sending a withering glare Alastor's way for threatening one of her friend's, (Y/N) asked, "How long have they been gone? Do you think... they'll be okay?"

"They've been gone two hours already," Vaggie rubbed her arm. "...So, I don't know."

(Y/N) exhaled heavily as she threw herself onto one of the couches in the parlor, wincing when the movement tugged harshly at the stitches holding her wound together. Wondering if Husk was connecting with Angel over their song, 'Loser, Baby,' which hadn't happened due to her involvement, she hoped that if they were or weren't, either way, they'd be safe, knowing that she could do nothing but wait for them. If they could come together as friends, she didn't want to ruin that with her presence.

Her eyes slid to the side.

Watching Alastor who practically oozed confidence, she propped her head up.

And...

There's also him to worry about.

Alastor, just what in the world are you thinking to intimidate Angel and Pentious?

Hoping that it wasn't for what she feared, (Y/N) turned to face the door, waiting for Angel and Husk to come back. Unfortunately, as she did so, she didn't notice Alastor's sickening smile and almost desperate gaze pin to her.

Sir Pentious did, though.

And he found himself absolutely terrified.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.