[ 𝟐𝟕 ] - 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 | 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 】

"God... I'm so tired," (Y/N) yawned after finishing watching a movie with Angel, the two currently curled on his bed cuddling, Fat Nuggets lovingly snuggled between them.

    Glancing over to Angel, already seeing that he was fast asleep, she did as any good friend would do. Gently picking up Fat Nuggets and placing him in his bed, she then made sure Angel was completely on his own bed before covering him up with a blanket. Whispering a small goodnight to him, she then softly closed the door behind her before walking down the hall towards her own room. Humming the song Sway by Michael Bublé under her breath since it had been in the movie she had just watched, she somewhat floated down the hall as she entered her room.

    Entering the adjacent bathroom, stripping, showering, dressing in her nightclothes, and brushing her teeth, all the while softly singing the song that was now stuck in her head, she exited the room and startled when finding Alastor sitting in one of the plush chairs of her room.

    His smile was ever present, his crackling voice humming along with her song.

    That is, until he saw her.

    "(Y/N), dear, I didn't know you could produce such lovely melodies," he mused as he stood up to take her hand, her nightgown swaying around her feet when he did so. "To think you would hide your talents like this—I'm disappointed."

    "I wasn't hiding them, but that's beside the point," she exhaled. "Why are you in my room so late?"

    "Should I not be?" He laughed.

    "No," she stated bluntly.

    "My dear, are you still mad about my radio broadcast?" Alastor pulled her in closer, watching with a type of relish to his jagged grin how she immediately stiffened at his actions, her twitching expression a sign to him that she was trying very hard to mask her emotions—then again, such emotions were only transparent to him. "It was but a necessary tactic to serve as a warning to those who don't know their place."