Lost Kitten (Maddie)

Stopping, you tilt your head to the side, a bit confused. There's a green cat that can walk. In a pink frog onesie. It has huge eyes and appears to be lost. Shrugging off the confusion, you approach it and crouch down.

"Hey there," you say. "What're you doing out here all alone?"

"Oh. I got lost again."

"Again? Does this happen often?"

"Mhm. I sometimes get distracted... heh..."

"What about your friends? Were you with them?"

"I was with Rogue! I really was! But... when he turned around... I saw a froggy... and then... yeah!"

"Ahhh. I see. Where do you live?"

"At Saber Tooth!"

"You're from a wizard guild?"

He turns around and moves his onesie, revealing his tattoo. "I'm a full-fledged member!"

"Okay, then. Do you need help getting home?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay. I'll help you get there. What's your name?"

"I'm Frosche!"

"Cute. I'm Y/n! Nice meeting you! Oh, would you prefer to walk or be carried?"

"I'm okay either way."

"Then I'll carry you so I don't loose you." You pick him up.

"Thank you!"

"No problem. I don't really mind."

As you and Frosche walk, you chat a bit, and you learn a bit about Rogue. According to the cat, he's very kind, gentle, and loving. How sweet! You just can't wait to meet him. Who knows? Maybe he'll be handsome.

When you get there, Frosche says to just open the door, so you do. Upon getting the large doors open, you see a black-haired man with a scar holding a blonde man by the collar, screaming. Awkwardly, you clear your throat, hoping the get the attention of whoever owns the cat. Heads turn to you, and the black-haired man with the scar rushes toward you. Then he snatches the cat from your arms and start looking him all over.

"Frosche? Are you okay? Did you get hurt? Nobody attacked you, right? Talk to me!"

"I'm fine, Rogue! This nice lady over here saved me. She found me and helped me get here."

Rogue turns around and nods at you. "I apologize. I hadn't noticed you before. Thank you for returning him."

Raising an eyebrow, you ask, "Did you think the cat was floating in the air."

"No, I thought he was flying."

"Cats don't-"

"Yeah, I can!" Frosche has wings appear from behind him and he floats in the air. "See? I fly!"

"Oh... uh... great... well, I'm happy to have helped."

"Yeah. You can leave now."

"Well, fine then. I only saved your cat's life. I mean, anyone could've come and kidnapped him. Do you know how much jewel I could've made by selling him? No. I brought him back like a decent person. Manners. What were you raised by? A monster? I mean-"

"I was raised by a dragon."

"That's not-"

"You didn't believe Frosche could fly, and you were wrong. Same about dragons. I was raised by one and learned magic from it. You should really stop assuming you're smarter than you actually are."