Dango Lips (Maddie)

Itachi is visiting a village, hoping to gather information on a jinchuuriki. He's in a market, and that's when he sees the most beautiful thing ever: you. You're standing there, talking to a person with a smile on your face, trying to sell some fruits you grew. It's a simple life, but you're happy with it. Meanwhile, Itachi just can't tear his eyes away from you.

After a few moments, you sense that someone is watching you, do you turn your head to see him. For just an instant, you make eye contact, then he just turns away to leave. You brush off the weird interaction, and go about your day as if nothing happened--though in the back of your mind, you think that he's very handsome.

Since seeing you, he visits that village every day, in hopes of seeing you. He doesn't dare speak to you though: it's wise for a man like him to keep his distance. After all, how can he drag you into his miserable and dangerous life? Especially when he expects himself to die soon? No. He'll just watch you. You'll be his guilty pleasure until he dies.

However, this doesn't last too long, as one day you're walking with a large, heavy box of melons. You stumble around, trying not to drop it: you aren't very strong, and realistically speaking, you should really get some help. Yet, you're too stubborn, and too lonely to ask for it, so you just decide to do it yourself. The box is so big that you can't see where you're going, which causes you to bump into someone. Your box falls, though luckily your melons aren't damaged. As you look up, you see the very man that had been staring at you that day.

"Are you alright?" The man is standing over you, and you're on the ground from the impact.

"I'm fine." He holds out his hand.

"Let me help you up." You take his hand, then use it to pull yourself up. "You should ask for help next time."

"It's quite alright. I can handle myself." He just shakes his head at you.

"Next time you have a heavy work load, just ask me. I'll help you."

"You don't need to-"

"I insist."

"...fine."

He helps you pick up the melons that cover the ground, then carries the box for you. Inwardly, he's guilty. I should be keeping my distance... but gosh... she's perfect. I just want her for myself. Perhaps in another world--a world where I wasn't me--could we be together. But that's not this world. I'll have to separate myself eventually, but for now, I'll enjoy this while I can. I won't let these moments go to waste.

You both set up your stall together, and make light conversation with each other. He's kind, and you thoroughly enjoy his company while it lasts. It's when he leaves that you feel slightly disappointed.

Every day, he helps you carry things, sets up your stall for you, and provides you with kind company. It doesn't take long before you're good friends. The two of you talk often, and even hang out after you finish working. It's become a routine.

One day, he's happier than usual, and you don't know why. Finally, you just ask.

"I found a dango shop here." He says, smiling broadly. "I love dango. I used to get dango at my old village. My dad would- never mind." You shake your head.

"You seem happy. It's nice."

"Oh. After we finish up here, I'm gonna buy some."

"Sounds nice. I hope you enjoy."

Just like he said he would, Itachi buys dango when he gets the time. Some kids run past, and eye his dango. He glares at them, and they run. He's just protective of it, as if someone will steal it from him. Inwardly, it makes you giggle. He's adorable. You have to admit: you've fallen for him. You didn't want to, but you did.