Worthwhile Waits for Love (Maddie)

With a huge gash in your side and faltering steps, you approach the gates of a village, your head spinning and mind clouded with what feels like fog. Getting closer, you collapse entirely, loosing all consciousness as your head hits the ground. Slipping under, you hear shouting and something about youth, but you pass out before being able to react.

-

"We need to let her inside the village." Might Guy says to his students. "She's injured and needs help."

"We don't even know her," says Neji Hyuga. "What if she's a spy? That could endanger the entire village!"

"But," Tenten speaks up. "We can't just ditch her. Ibiki can check later."

"Besides!" Rock Lee shouts. "The will of youth is not to abandon a young girl!"

"Fine. Do as you please."

"Neji!!" Guy shouts. "You get to do the honors of carrying her!"

"I refuse."

"As you sensai, I am telling you to carry her. You should train more."

"It's barely even a walk and you're the one who wants to save her."

"Do you dare disobey your sensai?!"

"Yes." Neji goes to leave, but Lee hoists you onto Neji's back. "GET HER OFF OF ME!!!"

"Guy Sensai said to carry her! You should listen to your sensai!"

With a disgusted look, Neji brings you into the village, and goes straight to the Hokage's office. She looks his up and down, then at your bloody face. As her eyebrow raises, she questions him.

"Who's this? And why did you bring her here?"

"Me and my team found her like this outside of the city gates, and Guy Sensai said to bring her here and leave the rest up to you, I suppose."

"What's her condition?"

"Seemingly critical."

"THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO EARLIER?!?! GET HER TO THE HOSPITAL ASAP!!!"

"Yes, M'lady."

Neji runs to the hospital and drops you off for examination. The Hokage, Tsunade Senju, approaches him.

"First we'll have her physical condition examined, and then have Ibiki see if she's a spy." Neji nods.

"I was about to suggest that."

"If she turns out to be fine, I'd like to ask you to keep an eye on her."

"What? Why?"

"Just in case. One can never be too careful, and I know you and Hinata could watch her well."

"If that's what you say, I'll do so "

"Good."

-

Slowly, you wake up in a white room, and see a blob of pink out of the corner of your eye. Squinting, you try to get a better look, and find that it's a girl around the same age as you. When she turns around, you find big, green eyes staring back at you.

"You're awake!" Scrunching your nose, you shake your head.

"Where am I?" No matter how hard you try, you can't remember a thing. Just your name, age, like and dislikes, etc; but no clue as to where you're from or your life. It's all a blur.

"The Hidden Leaf Village. Neji Hyuga brought you here."

"What the heck is a Neji Hyuga? It sounds like the name of a food or weapon or something." The girl laughs.