Trust (Maddie)

Sighing, you lie on your back to stare at the stars. Currently, you are sitting on the roof of you apartment, thinking. Recently, your elder brother passed away. First kt was your parents, and now him. The worst part is, you were there. Right there. You watched as he dies, helpless and weak. You're so useless.

A tear escaping your eye, you sit up. No. I'm dome crying. I'm sick snd tired of it. Standing up, you throw your kunai and hit the tree across the street, right in the center. Anger and grief have consumed you, leaving you with the desire to just destroy something or even someone.

"Watch what your doing up there." A voice from below says. There stands a boy with black hair and dark brown eyes; he is pale and handsome, wearing a green vest. "You almost hit me."

"Almost isn't good enough." You sit down on the edge.

"I know, so train harder." You throw another kunai, this time ripping the shoulder part of his vest.

"Go find somebody else to be a nuisance to."

"Okay, whatever, Cranky Pants."

You watch as he walks away, yawning. You must admit, he was very handsome, though he seems to be annoying. Shrugging, you jump off of the roof into your backyard, wanting to just train. It's the only thing you can do. You want revenge, and training also appears to be a distraction.

The whole time, you struggle to focus, and eventually, you scream in frustration. You can't do anything right. You couldn't protect your brother, and you most certainly just aren't enough. You allow yourself to crumble and cry.

-

Today, there is a big funeral, though you did not know the man who died. Many people attend this one; your brother's had been so small with little to no people there. He didn't know very many people. Walking around on the dark day, you see the boy you almost hit with a kunai. He stops and looks at you.

"Hey, there." He greets. "What're you doing out here all by yourself?" You lean against the wall of a random building.

"Nothing. Just... thinking. You?"

"Thinking, as well. What're you thinking about?"

"My brother. He died two weeks ago. What about you?"

"My sensai. He died not too long ago." You meet each other's eyes, and the random thought of them being pretty pops into your head. Ridiculous.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Likewise. Today is Asuma's funeral.:

"Asuma. That's right. That's the man's name."

"He was a decent sensai. Smoked too much." He lights a cigarette.

"Says the one who's smoking right now."

"True. It's a way to remember him by. It reeks." You laugh a bit.

"It does. My dad uses to smoke, too."

"Oh? He break the habit?"

"I don't think there's cigarettes to smoke in the afterlife."

"Who all have you lost?"

"My whole family." Trying to shrug it off, you put a weak smile onto your face, though your eyes say it all.

"You put my grief to shame." He looks up at the dark and cloudy sky.

"That's not true. All grief is significant."