AHA, LISTEN BOY: MY FIRST LOVE STORY

Start from the beginning

Boy, she screamed at the top of her lungs that day to stop Skewer from hitting her son. Thankfully, it stopped when it was only a breath's away from Lewis's head. That scary moment taught her that she didn't need to hold the Skewer for her to use it.

And from then on, she never threw the scythe carelessly again.

"I'm more amazed at how waste your time that leisurely," her Papa Boss said in a frustrated voice. "Maybe I should start training you personally."

"It's not part of our contract, Papa Boss," she told him in a lazy voice. "And don't worry. I'm working hard with my training with Tteokbokki. You said it yourself before: we don't need weapons. Our Soul Beast and Mana are enough."

"The Death's Scythe isn't an ordinary weapon," her father insisted. "Mastering it will benefit us in the future. What's so hard with wielding it anyway?"

"I don't want to gain extra arm muscles."

"Excuse me?"

"I don't want my arms to be muscular, Papa Boss," she said. "I will not be Nero forever. I want to look pretty, you know? I'm not saying that muscular girls aren't pretty. They are. It's just that my preference is to have a body like a Kpop idol."

Most Kpop idols weren't just skinny. They were also fit. Some of the female Kpop idols that she used to idolize back in her second life had abs and killer biceps. That was her goal.

But if she continued wielding the scythe that was starting to get heavy each year that passed, she was afraid that her arms might get bulky. She was only eight years old now but she was the kind of person who had advanced thinking.

"You're speaking nonsense again," her Papa Boss said while shaking his head. "Anyway, Rufus and his daughter will arrive in an hour–"

"Duke Quinzel will be here?" Neoma asked excitedly, then she got up. "You should have told me that earlier, Papa Boss," she said while Lewis was helping her stand up from the ground. "I shall excuse myself now."

Her father's brows furrowed in confusion. "And where are you going?"

"Papa Boss, I can't receive guests while I'm still in my training clothes," Neoma explained while motioning her outfit. "Most of all, I want to be presentable to Duke Quinzel."

Emperor Nikolai didn't comment but he suddenly looked pissed.

Tsk, his mood swing is attacking again.

***

Ads by Pubfuture

"IT'S BEEN a while, Your Royal Highness," Rufus greeted Neoma in his usual cheerful voice. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, Your Grace," Neoma greeted the duke politely. "Thank you for asking. I'm pleased to see you again after a long while."

Nikolai, for some reason that he didn't understand, was pissed while watching Neoma act like a different person. It was unusual for the royal princess to talk eloquently and without sarcasm. Also, her bright smile was giving him goosebumps.

She doesn't act that way when she's with me.

And Neoma was barely paying attention to Hanna Quinzel since she was too focused on Rufus. Even though the four of them were sharing the tea table in the rose garden of Yule Palace– his residence– Neoma was acting like she could only see Rufus.

This is pissing me off and I don't know why.

"I heard that you've started to train with the Death's Scythe," Rufus said after he sipped his tea. "I have little experience in wielding a scythe but if you need help, don't hesitate to tell me, Your Royal Highness."