We'll be alright *fluff*

plot:you comfort colson after him and megan break up
warnings:angst,fluff,break ups,fighting in the beginning,cursing
________________________________
(Colsons pov)

I walked in my house for the first time in a couple days. I walked upstairs,coming into me and Megan's bedroom. I expected to see her there,but she was no where to be found. "Megan?" I said,walking through the house. There was no answer. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket,calling her and listening to it ring for a few seconds before her voice started.

"Yes?" She asked,her voice sounded muffled,like if she was moving around. "Where are you? I'm home." I said. "I'm at the airport,Colson." She responded. "What? What do you mean?" I said,my voice dropping. "I'm staying with a friend. We're breaking up,I can't do this back and forth. You've been gone for literal days,have you been cheating?"

"What? I haven't been fucking cheating,i'm super busy and you know that. Don't do this Megan we can talk about this!" I yelled,she just hung up. I put my phone back into my pocket,leaning on the wall. "Fuck." I muttered to myself.
________________________________
(Y/n's pov)

I was cutting up bananas,throwing them into a bowl with other fruit. I smiled to myself,listening to the music playing in the background. I covered the bowl,putting it into the fridge. The song ended and the next one was about to start when someone knocked on my door. I cleaned off the cutting board,walking towards the door. I opened it and Colson was standing in front of it in a hoodie and sweatpants. "Hey." He spoke with low energy. "Colson? What's up?" I asked.

"I'm sorry for coming here without letting you know but uhm.. can I come in?" He asked. "Yeah of course,is everything okay?" I asked,moving aside so he could come in. I shut the door behind him then we both sat on the couch. "Megan broke up with me." He spoke,running a hand through his hair. "Fuck,i'm sorry Col." I said. "I knew it was going to happen,but I don't know what to do now that it actually did." He said with a sigh.

"That sucks. I'm here for you though. Stay as long as you need." I said to him,he nodded with a smile. "Are you hungry? I just made a fruit salad." I told him,he nodded and I got up and went to the kitchen. "Here you go." I said,handing it to him with a smile. "Thank you." He responded. I sat down next to him,turning on the tv. "Do you have a place to stay?" I asked. "Yeah,I was just gonna stay home. I wanted to come here first because I didn't know how I was gonna react,I don't trust myself." He explained.I could see concern in his face as he spoke.

"That's okay Col. You can stay with me if you need to,don't rush yourself to go back home." I told him,patting him on the shoulder as he ate. "I really appreciate you." He spoke softly." "I appreciate you." I repeated back to him. Him staying at my house reminded me of when we first met,we were best friends. We still were of course,but he was always so busy with work. "Let me know when you start to get tired,i'll set up the guest bedroom." I said,getting up to put his plate away. I walked away,going back into the kitchen. "Y/n?" He called my name from the living room. "Yeah?" I called back,putting the dish away then walking back to the living room with a bottle of water.

"Can I have a hug?" He asked. He wasn't huge on physical touch,so I could tell he really needed it or he wouldn't have asked. "Yeah of course." I said. I sat back next to him,pulling him towards me and giving him a hug. "You're okay,you're safe. We can stay like this as long as you need." I whispered. He nodded,his heartbeat finally beating normally.

"She accused me of cheating. I would never cheat on her,I love that woman more than anything." He said with a long sigh. "I know Col. I know you love her but you have to understand that she wasn't good for you. You couldn't have had that relationship with your job,you need to focus on yourself right now." I said. He nodded, "Yeah you're right."

"I'm gonna go make the bed,okay? Drink some  water and relax,watch tv or something. I'll be right back." I said. I handed him the water then walked off. When I came back he was leaned back on the couch,his eyes glued to a random tv show on cable. "Okay,Col the beds ready. Go get some sleep then we can get breakfast tomorrow if you're up for it." I said,smiling. "Okay,thank you,Y/n." He said,shutting the tv off. "Of course. I'm here always." He got up and gave me a hug,taking a deep breath. "You're going to be just fine Colson,you're strong."I said."Thank you for letting me stay here,I don't know what I would do without you."
________________________________
(Y/n's pov,time skip to the next morning.)

When I woke up at 11,Colson was still in bed.I knocked on the door,opening it very slowly. "Hey Col.It's time to get up,start the day." I said,opening the blinds. He groaned,pushing the blankets off of himself. "Do you wanna go out? Or we can eat here,up to you." I said, "Here please." He responded. "Alright. Go get dressed,take a shower and i'll make some pancakes." I responded.

Colson walked into the dining room a couple minutes later in a new outfit. "Good morning." I said with a smile,putting pancakes onto two plates. "Morning." He responded,rubbing his eyes. "It's gonna be a good day Col,you're gonna do great I promise you."