CHAPTER 40 : Alright, my heart...

It was another day with no shooting schedule. Normally, weekends like this are reserved for filming the series. However, the shoot had to be canceled this week because the director contracted COVID-19. This left both Book and Kan free.

Kan got up early and scrolled through a food delivery app to order breakfast. He was too lazy to walk to the restaurant, which was only a few hundred meters from his house, and order in person.

Buzz~~ Buzzz~~

During that time, Kan's phone vibrated loudly. He silently gritted his teeth in annoyance at being interrupted while ordering food, while his stomach was growling violently. However, when he realized it was his older brother Book calling, his irritation subsided slightly.

"Hello, bro."

(Where are you?) the familiar voice greeted.

"Home."

(What are you doing? Let's go to Chatuchak.)

"I was about to order food. Can I eat first?"

(Sure, I just woke up too. I'll call you first. Let's meet at Chatuchak at 1 PM.)

"Okay."

(Alright.)

Book then hung up, prompting Kan to sigh. It was normal for Book to call and invite him to places, and it always seemed to happen when Kan was free. He was not sure why, but it was good because he could spend time alone with his older brother.

Kan quickly returned to the food ordering app and ordered two portions of the special Khao Man Gai (chicken rice), as ordering only one would result in an additional small order fee. He reluctantly ordered an extra one to avoid wasting money.

The food arrived shortly thereafter. One portion was opened and eaten, while the other was refrigerated for a late-night meal. Kan quickly changed clothes and requested a motorcycle taxi to take him to Chatuchak Market.

He had planned to take the subway, but after some thought, he decided that taking a motorcycle taxi directly to the market would be much more convenient and faster. So he changed his mind immediately.

The motorcycle taxi arrived at his home. He got up from the sofa and dashed outside, making sure to lock the door behind him. With long strides, he jumped into the backseat behind the driver and whispered that he was ready. The driver then nodded and immediately drove off.

Brrrnnnn~!

The wind blew against his face the entire time, disheveling his meticulously styled hair. But he did not mind because he knew that once he arrived, a few strokes with his hands would return it to its place. The heat rising from the road surface touched his body briefly, but it was not as hot as the sun at the time. Fortunately, he did not run any red lights, so he did not have to sit in the sun for too long.

Kan: I'm here, brother.

Kan pulled out his phone, typed a message, and sent it to Book before heading into a convenience store to quench his thirst. The hot weather made his body crave a sweet drink.

Book: I'm in front of 7-Eleven.

Kan: I'm inside 7-Eleven.

"P' Book!" Kan walked out of the convenience store with two coconut water bottles and handed one to Book, who was dressed in a white sleeveless shirt, wide-leg black pants, and black sandals with the iconic "H" brand logo.

"Thanks," said Book, taking the bottle and opening it to drink.

"It is really hot."

"Yeah."