CHAPTER 23 : Got Kicked Out

After finishing the series project with P' Wandee, each actor went their separate ways on their own paths. Some moved to work behind the scenes. Some still thrived at the forefront across various professions - whether as actors, singers, models, or even influencers - and it looked like things were going well for everyone. P' Wandee felt delighted that many of the kids had grown up. Additionally, they kept circling back to visit P' Wandee's office on various important occasions. Or even when running into each other at events, everyone was still intimate and familiar.

The person who seemed to be making the most progress in this career path would probably be Poom and Sun, the main couple of the series. After the series ended, they instantly became leading actors in Thailand. They received huge attention from Thai and foreign media, becoming a dunde couple who attracted hordes of fans to every event.

Especially Poom, as many producers were ready to invite and pull him to act in dramas. So he had many options coming his way. But his new manager, who had just started taking care of him, recently advised that he should choose only big channel producers in order to increase his existing value even more.

"Poom, I have good news to update!" Beauty, Poom's personal manager, walked into the handsome actor's condo while he was comfortably watching TV.

"Why didn't you ring the doorbell first?" Poom sat up from lounging on the sofa, looking rather displeased.

"Sorry! I got distracted while walking," Beauty apologized, fully aware she had violated the room owner's rule to ring the doorbell before entering the room as a warning sign for the person inside to be made aware before she entered. Even though Poom had given her a key card to the condo so that she could come in to wake him up for work on time whenever he overslept, that didn't mean she had permission to come and go from his room as she pleased. Because, after all, this was still his private space.

"What is it?" Poom asked back while reaching for the remote to turn off the TV, making the atmosphere in the room quiet down.

"I happened to have a sister from the TV station contact me. She said they had a drama to put on air after the news and wanted you to join. I think it sounds interesting," Beauty said as she walked over to sit next to him.

"What's the role?"

"She said it's the male lead's friend, but it's a prominent role. Let me open the details for you to see." Beauty tapped open her iPad and clicked on the rough PDF file of information about this drama that she had received from the producer to show Poom. Poom scrolled to read a little with an impassive face, not revealing any reaction. So Beauty couldn't perceive what he was thinking.

"..."

"What do you think, Poom?"

"Tell them to send me the script first, then we'll see," Poom said as he handed the iPad back to Beauty.

It wasn't that he wasn't interested. Getting to act in a primetime drama on a TV station was a precious opportunity in life because it was something many BL actors dreamed about. Poom felt the same way. Being part of a channel drama signifies taking another step forward in this profession - like moving up another level above just being a BL series actor nowadays.

But it wasn't that he had to hastily seize the opportunity. Otherwise, it might make him look a little too eager. Playing small roles could help increase his value a bit. So he didn't immediately agree. He just asked to see the script he would have to act on first to check if it was as prominent as Beauty had informed him. If it were truly as the producer described, it would probably be a good thing, no less. Because that meant his fame would reach a new and larger group - the mainstream Thai audience.