CHAPTER 3 : Friendship Adventure Trip

The sky today was clearer and brighter than ever. The intense sunlight shone all over, making it hard for Kan to believe that it was still early morning, just past seven. He emerged from the subway, heading to the parking lot at Chatuchak station, the meeting place for the series' actors. They would be boarding a bus arranged by the production team today for a meritorious trip to another province.

Kan approached the meeting point with his newly dyed hair. Given the length of his hair, leaving it loose would be unbearably hot, so he had tied it up slightly. He made his way directly to P'Jeab under the glaring sun.

"Hello, P'Jeab," Kan greeted.

"Ah, hello, Kan. Stand in the shade while waiting; we're still expecting others."

"Alright."

Kan stepped into the shade provided by the parked bus. The sunlight reflecting off the ground made him sweat profusely. He tried to fan himself with his hand to alleviate the heat.

"Here, use this." A hand offered him a hand-held fan, the type you need to manually operate by pulling a string.

"Ah! P'Book, did you just arrive?"

"Yes."

"Have you had breakfast yet?"

"No, have you?"

"No. But P'Jeab said there would be snack boxes on the bus."

"Ah, I see. But I'm quite hungry. Worried that a snack box won't be enough."

"In that case, would you like to get something to eat as a snack before we leave?" Kan asked.

"That sounds good."

"Alright, I'll ask Jeab first," Kan said as he turned to look for Jeab. He quickly spotted him and walked over, calling out, "P' Jeab, may we go get some snacks before we leave?"

"Of course," Jeab replied. "But won't there be food on the bus?"

"P'Book, he's worried that it won't be enough to fill him up," Kan replied, chuckling at the thought.

"Alright, as you wish. But don't go too far. We'll need to be back in time," Jeab reminded them.

"Understood, P' Jeab," Kan replied.

Kan returned to Book and said, "P' Jeab said it's fine. Let's go and get something to eat."

Indeed, comparing a snack box to a proper meal wasn't fair. Eating the snacks on the bus wouldn't last long, and they might get hungry again. So, grabbing a meal before boarding the bus seemed like a good plan.

With that, Book and Kan walked off in search of something to eat, leaving Jeab to prepare for the upcoming trip. Kan couldn't help but appreciate the stark contrast in their approaches to sun exposure and skincare, with Book preferring to avoid the sun entirely while he enjoyed basking in its warmth.

"What do you want to eat?" Kan asked after they had walked, following Book, until they reached an area along the roadside with various food stalls.

"Let me see. I want something that won't take long," Book replied.

"In that case, let's skip the places with a lot of people," Kan suggested.

"Okay."

"Do you like chicken and rice?" Kan asked as they walked past a stall, noticing the shop owner looking rather forlorn. Kan turned to Book with a hint of sympathy and asked, "But there are no customers here."

"Well, that might mean the food isn't tasty," Book whispered back to Kan.

"But if you take too long to decide, we might not have time to eat. If we don't eat now, we might not get to eat at all," Kan replied.