CHAPTER 9 : Is it true?

Book walked ahead to the parking lot, with Kan running hurriedly behind him. After saying goodbye to everyone on set, they immediately slipped away because today they finished work early. Usually, they wrap up around 10 p.m., but today they finished all the scenes that needed to be shot since late afternoon. Many people on set joked around, trying to convince them to stay longer, which was somehow annoying for both of them. Even though they knew it was just joking, after encountering it many times, it still caused irritation. The only solution when you can't change others is to change yourself. As soon as they bid farewell, they rushed out of the film set as fast as possible.

"Didn't you forget anything, right?" Book yelled out while seeing his junior running to the car

"Nothing forgotten, P'," Kan answered as he reached the car just in time

"Let's go; I'm very hungry now." Book smiled and said this before opening the car door and getting in. The younger one didn't hesitate to open the door and jump into the front passenger seat beside the driver immediately.

Book's car drove out of the parking lot almost right after Kan closed the door. The hunger made Book barely able to control his emotions because, when he was hungry, he tended to be extra sensitive. If anything disturbed him even just a little, he would lose his temper and go on a rampage.

Kan, sitting next to him, could only contain his curiosity for now, even though the rumors he heard were greatly tempting his desire to know more.

"Want to eat Som Tam?" Book asked after driving for a while

"Yes, I will eat anything."

"Great! I really want to eat it; my body craves spicy food. You can handle spicy food, right?"

"Yes, P', no problem at all."

"Excellent!" Book replied while glancing over with a smile before turning his eyes back to the road.

The atmosphere in the car at this time seemed quite pleasant. Book reached over to turn on some music and sang along loudly, making Kan burst out laughing at times when the bigger guy sang out of tune. Still, it brought great amusement to them both during the ride.

Before long, Book's car turned left onto an avenue located alongside a major road in the Ratchaphruek area. It was Kan's first time coming around here since it was very far from the house he was renting, and there was no public transportation passing through either. So it would have been nearly impossible for him to come here alone.

"There's a Som Tam restaurant here?" Kan asked doubtfully, because this didn't look anything like the kind of neighborhood he was used to finding Som Tam shops in. The front of the shop was decorated with silver colored bent metal, with a single door just big enough for one person to walk through. There was also a long line of people waiting in front of the shop.

"Yeah, and it's delicious too. I come here often," Book said.

Kan was secretly amazed because he had never heard the name of this restaurant before. But given the long queue, it was clearly very popular.

"Wow, so this place is famous, huh? So many people," Kan couldn't help but express his curiosity.

"Yup, and it's tasty too. Wait here a minute; I'll go get us a queue number," Book said and after that, he came out with a serious face, not smiling happily like when he first walked in. It was as if he had just been disappointed. Kan stood up from the small seat in front of the shop where he had just sat down.

"Long wait for many queues?" He immediately asked as Book approached.

"We have to wait for 17 queues, man," Book answered sadly.