CHAPTER 5 : How exactly?

After the day they went to drink with Book and Poom at the fried chicken restaurant in Koreatown, things took a turn. It seemed that Kan wasn't going to talk much with Poom and Book anymore. He felt somewhat dissatisfied with how both of them had turned their social gathering that night almost into a boxing ring.

It was an infuriating situation, but he understood that when alcohol entered the body, many people transformed into someone else, someone you wouldn't typically recognize. That's why he jokingly called alcoholic drinks "personality-changing water."

Kan woke up early the next morning because he had to work the early shift. He couldn't understand why the team had scheduled him for a morning shift this week, but he didn't bother to ask because his job was simply to arrive on time.

"Hey, Kim! Wake up!" Kan turned to shake his sleeping friend's body, who seemed reluctant to wake up no matter how loud the alarm clock on his phone was.

"Ugh!" A groan and a grumpy expression emerged from the sleeping person. His face clearly expressed his irritation.

"Get up, you lazy cow. I'll be late!" Kan shook him even harder than before. The person in bed frowned before quickly jerking himself up, still looking a little dazed.

"Hurry up, you jerk! I'm gonna be late!" Kan chuckled and left the room, leaving his groggy friend to prepare for the day.

"Ugh! I'm up!" Kim groaned.

"No need to look so grumpy. I wake up before your alarm goes off," Kan complained with a small grin.

"What time is it?" Kim asked and turned to look for his phone on the bedside table before grabbing it and checking the time.

"Eight o'clock," Kan replied as he got up and stood.

"Darn it!"

"You have to leave by nine," Kan emphasized.

"Uh, sorry, man." Kim hurriedly got out of bed, leaping down and heading straight for the bathroom.

Meanwhile, Kan couldn't help but chuckle at Kim's rushed reaction. He walked towards the kitchen area to find something to eat, as it was still some time before he had to go to work again. Fortunately, today he had woken up early and taken his shower, so he didn't have to rush later. He knew his friend's penchant for oversleeping and procrastination, so he decided to give Kim a head start by waking him up earlier.

Kim, after rushing into the bathroom in the morning, quickly saw the clock, which showed seven o'clock, and decided not to go back to sleep. He spent this time taking a shower and getting ready so that he didn't have to rush later. Even though he was annoyed with Kan for waking him up, he knew that having Kim there with him made things more comfortable. Despite Kim's occasional complaints about Kan waiting around, it was just more enjoyable with his friend there.

"When I'm at work, you can go out for a walk or watch a movie or something," Kan suggested as they walked out of their condo building towards the parking area.

"Ugh, I've been thinking about it. I've been sitting around waiting a few times, and it's starting to get boring."

"Or you can just not come," Kan teased.

"Stop tempting me. Ugh, I woke up now." Kim rolled his eyes as he heard the other side's remark.

"Oh, I was just messing around! Let's go together!" Kan smiled and quickly walked over to Kim, giving him a shoulder bump before they headed straight to Kim's car.

They allowed extra time for their journey, usually around an hour, if they had to leave the condo to run errands anywhere. Even though the distance wasn't too far, everyone knew that Bangkok had its traffic problems. Taking the Skytrain into the city, where their workplace was located, would take about twenty minutes. But using a car could add another ten to forty minutes to the commute, depending on the day.