CHAPTER 22 : Never-ending

After all the performances at the fan meeting finish, everyone rushes off stage because the event isn't over yet. There are still activities like signing autographs and shaking hands with lucky fans who bought expensive tickets and got those privileges.

All the actors immediately ran to the bathrooms after getting off stage. Makeup artists stand by backstage to touch up their faces and hair before they have to go back on stage again. While the staff clears the area to set up tables for fan signing events, everyone hurries so the event doesn't end too late. Soon, all the actors will be standing ready to go back on stage again.

An announcement from the staff informs the fans who got those privileges to get ready because the fan signing event is about to start. Kan feels much less nervous now since he doesn't have to worry about forgetting choreography or blocking anymore. For this, he just has to smile brightly at the fans and then sign his autograph on posters.

They gradually walk back on stage, with the staff arranging who should sit where. Kan sits next to Book and Pat, though he's not too happy about sitting next to Pat. But having P' Book next to him makes it better since at least he has someone to talk to.

And because at this time there is a strange, unceasing disease outbreak, although there haven't been any reported infections in Thailand, they still have to be careful. So the staff prepared alcohol gel for washing hands because this disease spreads through viruses that can spread through contact. With hand-shaking events like these, they have to be especially careful, especially with foreign fans coming from high-risk countries.

The activity continues for almost two hours, but it looks like only about half the fans are done. Everyone's faces start looking weary from lack of rest these past few days.

Kan notices that P' Poom's face isn't looking too good. He looks left and right, as if he needs some kind of help. So Kan nudges the staff member standing behind him.

"Brother," says Kan.

"Yes?" asks the staff member.

"It seems like P' Poom needs some help," says Kan, pointing his finger for the staff member to look over. Seeing Poom's stance, the staff member immediately walks over.

Kan himself doesn't actually know what Poom needs, but seeing the staff member walk over, Poom's expression instantly changes, looking greatly relieved before leaning in to whisper something to that staff member.

An announcement sounds, letting Kan finally know the real reason why Poom had such a strange stance - he just wanted to go to the bathroom. So why didn't Poom go when the others went?

"So many issues, instead of getting to go home early," says Book, leaning in close and whispering softly next to Kan's ear.

"It's just the bathroom; how can he forbid it?" Kan argued back with a smile, even though Book's face showed he was very dissatisfied.

"Ugh! Then why didn't he go when the others went? I saw him just sitting there playing games on his phone."

"Let it go; don't make that stressed face, or the fans will see," said Kan.

"Tsk!" Book made a small disapproving sound, but Kan didn't take any offense, understanding that the other was just annoyed. Having his wishes denied like this must have upset his mood quite a bit.

Kan himself also blamed Poom in his mind but didn't say anything out loud because he knew well that he wasn't in a position to complain much. Looking at it another way, it was a good thing as well. Sitting and signing hundreds of posters made his fingers almost lock up. Earlier in the dressing room, he had to sign three hundred each time. Then he still had to come sit and sign another two hundred on stage, working up quite a sweat. And they hadn't even gotten to the handshaking yet. So he could understand why Poom had asked for a break. If it were him, he definitely wouldn't have dared to speak up. The other junior actors probably felt the same.