CHAPTER 20 : A Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity

Their series was incredibly successful, beyond anyone's expectations. Throughout the run, their popularity kept increasing continuously. The audience adored each and every one of the actors. Especially Poom and Sun, who became the hottest ships, because no matter where they made appearances, fans would show up in droves packing every space.

It was considered a huge success for Poom after many years of struggling to build his career as a famous actor. Today, he was finally able to make it happen. At the same time, it was Sun's good fortune to hit instant fame with his first ever series, not much different from Kan, who had auditioned for many years before getting this opportunity.

With the surging popularity of the series, they were constantly offered new projects. Therefore, it was not surprising that fans demanded a fan meeting event. Wandee thought it was a great idea given that many sponsors were willing to fully support organizing the event. The large amount of money made P' Wandee unable to refuse holding the event. She knew very well how profitable it was after hosting a screening event for fans of her previous hit series at the theater.

Krrring!

Kan's phone loudly rang while he was watching TV series at home with Kim. Over the past few days, Kim has been staying at his place after arguing with his latest love interest, not wanting to be alone with his thoughts. But looking at the situation, he would probably reconcile with his love interest and disappear from Kan's life after a day or two, as it had always been.

"Hello," Kan said after picking up the call.

(Is this Kan?) The familiar voice on the other end asked

"Yes, speaking."

(It's P' Eiw here.)

"Oh, hello, P' Eiw."

(P' Wandee is organizing a fan meeting event, so she asked me to check your schedule and rate for it.)

"I see. When will the event be held?"

(On October 29th, Are you available?)

"Yes, I'm free."

(P' Wandee offered 20,000 baht for you to perform on stage. Does that work for you?)

"Yeah, that rate is fine."

(P' Wandee also wants you to help other actors rehearse and polish their performances. The concepts have been decided, but during rehearsals, she hopes you can oversee and help everyone deliver good results. How much would you charge for that?)

"Uh, I'm not sure. I can help, but I don't know how to price it." Kan hesitantly replied, as he had no prior experience in this kind of role before and was unsure how to calculate the fees.

(Okay, for this part, P' Wandee proposed 10,000 baht. Does that work for you?)

"Oh, yes, I'm okay with that."

(Great! I'll contact you again about the rehearsal schedule. Thanks!)

"You're welcome, P' Eiw."

(Bye!)

P' Eiw hung up. Kan was so happy that he grinned from ear to ear. Who would have thought the dream stage he had always yearned for would become reality one day? The image of huge concert stages, where he always wished he could also experience the feeling of performing, flashed through his mind. That day had come knocking today. His determination grew manifold. The payment was also motivation for him to give his best for the upcoming event. Most importantly, he would get to perform on a massive stage in front of a sea of fans.

"What happened?" Kim asked as he noticed his best friend smiling non-stop after the call.

"There's going to be a fan meeting event for my series. P' Eiw just called."