[26]

"It's time we were on our way," Pain's voice reverberated through the tense air, each syllable laden with ominous intent as he raised his hand towards Naruto.

The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on Naruto's shoulders, his eyes widening in shock as he caught sight of Asami from behind, her eyes hardened as she leaped towards Pain with a fierce resolve.

"Stay away from him!" Asami's voice pierced through the silence like a clarion call, her fist striking the ground with a resounding crack that split the earth in front of Naruto, causing Pain to jump backwards in surprise.

"Reinforcements..." Pain muttered, his gaze fixated on Asami with her activated Byakugan. "I won't let you hurt him," Asami declared, her determination palpable in her unwavering stance.

"Asami!" Naruto's voice was filled with desperation and concern as he witnessed her facing off with Pain. "Why'd you come here?!!! Run!! You can't win!!"

"I know," Asami responded calmly, her gaze meeting Naruto's with a mixture of sadness and determination. "I may not possess the strength to defeat Pain like you do," she admitted, offering him a soft smile that belied the gravity of the situation. "But I'm strong enough to defend you."

"No, Asami..." Naruto's voice wavered with emotion as he watched her, his heart heavy with the weight of her sacrifice. "In the darkness of my heart, there's always been you. You changed me, Naruto, that's why I'm not afraid to die, defending you so you can save our village!" Asami confessed, her words hanging heavy in the air.

Asami looked away from Naruto, her gaze focused on Pain as she prepared herself for the battle ahead. "Because I love you," she whispered, her voice filled with conviction, before running towards Pain with determination.

"Asami-chan?!" Hinata watched her cousin fighting with Pain in shock, with Ko beside her. "When did she learn the secret technique?" Ko asked in awe as he watched Asami fighting with incredible speed and skill.

Pain proved to be a formidable opponent, his movements swift and precise as he deflected Asami's attacks with ease, countering with his own powerful jutsu. Asami gritted her teeth, pushing herself to the limit as she continued to engage in the intense battle.

"I declared that you're the strongest!" Pain declared before seizing an opening in Asami's defense and launching a devastating blow, sending her crashing to the ground with a resounding thud.

Pain loomed over her, his expression devoid of mercy as he raised a pole-like weapon, ready to strike.

Asami's heart pounded in her chest as she struggled to regain her footing, her body battered and bruised from the relentless assault.

With every ounce of strength she could muster, she attempted to summon her chakra, but Pain's overwhelming presence made it nearly impossible. Suddenly, the pole struck into her chest, causing her to spit out blood.

"ASAMI!" Naruto screamed in horror, his eyes widened with shock, as she fell onto the ground, coughing up blood.