[2]

【[Hyuga vs Hyuga]】

-

-

The black screen began to choose two more names. Asami could see everyone's names, including hers, passing by quickly. Then, the names suddenly came to a stop, causing everyone's eyes to widen in shock.

[Hyuga Asami vs Hyuga Neji]

Miyabi's head snapped towards Asami in concern as she stared expressionless at the screen. Naruto glanced at her, his mouth agape in horror.

"Asami-chan..." The girl stepped forward, ignoring her teammates' concerned looks and the stares from everyone behind her.

The two siblings stood in front of Hayate, facing each other without expression. Neji spoke, "I never thought I would have a fight with you, lil sis."

"Lil sis?" Sakura asked, shocked.

"That's Asami-chan, brother," Naruto muttered quietly. Kakashi added, "They're descended from one of the most honorable old families in the Hidden Leaf, the Hyuga Clan."

"The two of them are from the branch family, while Lady Hinata is from the main family," Miyabi explained.

Eisuke glanced at the princess, who was staring wearily at the Hyuga siblings, especially Asami. "Hinata... she's going to be okay."

Hinata looked at the boy as her lips trembled. "But..."

Once the match began, Neji spoke up, "Just one thing before we square off against each other in the fight."

Asami stared at him in silence as he continued, "I should advise you, Asami."

"Withdraw," he spat at her harshly. "You're not suited to be a shinobi."

Asami let out a low chuckle, amused. "That's not advising, that's telling me."

"Besides, who are you to decide that I should withdraw?" She gave him a tight smile. "I can decide for myself."

"As your older brother and a prodigy of the Hyuga Clan," he told her, causing her smile to fade. "You're a coward. Instead of fighting back, you wish to avoid conflict."

"And instead of facing your fear, you always run away from it," he added.

Noticing how she clenched her fist when she was angry, Neji knew he had hit a nerve. "Isn't that right?"

"As my brother," she scoffed disbelievingly, "That's weird. You haven't acted like my brother at all. But... you're not wrong about me being a coward."

"It's one of the things I want to change about myself," Asami admitted, causing Neji to smirk. "Asami, you've always been the weakest in this clan, aside from Lady Hinata."

"Tell me something I don't know," she said sarcastically. Neji replied, "Look at you, talking tough. But the truth is, you're really thinking about backing out of this fight."

He wasn't wrong. Asami simply didn't have the energy to fight her own brother, especially when he was the prodigy. She knew she would lose.

Asami watched her brother begin to use hand signs and activate the kekkei genkai, "Byakugan!"

---

---

---

Asami trembled slightly under the pressure of his piercing gaze. "You always put up a tough act in front of others, but the truth is, you're much more vulnerable than you think."

"The constant clenching of your fist," Neji narrowed his eyes at her, "It's a gesture that confirms everything I've said, isn't it?"

"You can never change yourself, Asami," he concluded.

Suddenly, a shout was heard from above them, "Sure, she can!"

Both Hyugas looked up to find Naruto looking angrier than ever. "You don't have the privilege of deciding what a person is like, you stupid!"

"Give it to him, Asami!"

Asami stared at him in shock, her smile twitching upwards slightly as he defended her. Then she turned to face her opponent. "You may be my brother, Neji. But..." she trailed off before activating her Byakugan, "You don't know me that well."

The boys of Team 9 began to smirk widely because they knew the real Hyuga Asami.