||Stop telling me what to do||

[Dedicated to Estera21 for her comments and support]

C H A P T E R E L E V E N
______________________

This was the worst idea I ever had now that I think about it.

Logan is sitting next to me and facing my dad, who's staring at him impassively. I, on the other hand, am biting my nails to the flesh. It's a bit like presenting your boyfriend to your overprotective dad, except that it's only the first friend I ever present to my father - father who owns a gun, might I add.

I've already noticed my dad's disdainful look when Logan said "hey man what's up" to the waiter earlier but when he ordered a double cheeseburger at such a fancy restaurant, I knew that all my hopes were going to dust.

I begin picking on my food as dad eats, not even trying to make conversation like he usually would. I look at Logan, who's eating his burger like if it's the first time he has been fed until last year. I swallow back a whimper and stare at the ground, wishing it could turn into moving sand and take me in it.

I gulp and put my fork down, wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"So, how are things at the station dad?" I ask, immediately regretting the words when I meet my dad's gaze.

Logan looks confused at the mention of a "station" and my eyes widen as I realize that I forgot to mention that my father was from the police.

Dad coughs and wipe his mouth with his napkin before placing his elbows firmly on the table. He doesn't look at me while answering, instead he's staring at Logan.

"It's doing great, nothing much to do for an old guy like your dad, but I still own my gun." His tone is sounding much more like a warning than anything else.

Logan turns to look at me, his eyes full of reproach.

"You didn't tell me your dad was a cop." Logan whispers, emphasizing on the word cop, like if it's a sin by itself.

I lick my lips and look away.

"A cop with ears might I add." Dad says sternly. "Do you have something that I can hold against you son? You sound a bit too panicked at the mention of the police."

I sigh, rubbing my palm on my forehead. I take my purse and wave my hand toward the waiter.

"It was good to see you dad, I'll catch up with you another time." I conclude as the waiter places down our bill.

I'm about to take hold of it as dad's hand shots out faster than the light. He takes out his wallet.

"Dad, it's my treat, really." I protest. "It's not much, I can afford it once in a while." I insist as he shots me a threatening glare.

"Don't be silly Skye Grace." He growls as he slams down a hundred dollar bill on the table.

I know that dad has saved a lot of money so it shouldn't be a problem for him, but every time he pays for me, I feel extremely uncomfortable. I know that it's a common thing between father and daughter, but we never had a normal relationship between him and me.

"I'll ring you." I answer quickly, leaning forward to give him a peck on the cheek before storming out of the restaurant, followed by Logan who doesn't seem phased at all and is looking pretty calm for someone who was about to get shot by a cop a couple of minutes ago.

He climbs in my car in the passenger seat as I engage myself in the busy traffic of downtown, driving us back to the Starbucks.

Logan readjusts the collar of his shirt and grins at me.