||People are all music||

[Dedicated to LeoVanni for the beautiful cover above]

C H A P T E R F I V E

______________________

I look at him, frowning. The first thing that comes to my mind is that he drank too much. I take a look at the bottle of alcohol in his hand and realize that it is now not even half full anymore. I sigh, taking it from his hands and put it out of his reach. He passes a hand in his platinum blonde hair and looks away. If I didn't know him like I did, I would've swore that a blush appeared on his cheeks for a couple of seconds. A smile makes it way to my lips and I hop off the counter.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I say, backing away.

He lets me leave without an answer and I drive my way home, forgetting about Jewels.

☆彡

I stare intently at the frappuccino I'm currently mixing in the blender while stubbornly ignoring Logan next to me who's poking my arm with a lollipop, trying to get my attention.

The thing is that I don't know how to act around him. It's weird but I have this odd feeling in my stomach and I think it might be awkwardness. I didn't think about the possibility of him remembering the events from two days ago and even less wanting to talk about it. He was drunk and being stupid and talking about it is pointless. I don't understand why he wants to make things awkward when they are perfectly fine. He probably read something in a girl's magazine and thought it will be the best way to solve his mistake, which is completely wrong since everyone knows that girly magazines are never to trust. It's full of false hope and weird tips that never work.

I clasp the plastic cap on and put it on the counter.

"Jenny" I call and turn back to the counter, busying myself by cleaning everything -I am one of those weird person who finds comfort in cleaning things whenever they're upset or anxious.

"Grace." He calls back, but I don't look up.

He throws his hands in the air in an exasperated manner and backs away, slamming the door of the kitchen. Graham turns from the cash register and looks at him, his eyebrow raised.

"What's up with you guys?" He asks me.

I don't hear jealousy in his voice, but genuine curiosity, which surprises me. I look at him and he stares back at me, expectantly. He sighs and turn up his sleeves, licking his lips.

"Look, I remember perfectly what happened the other night, alright?" He begins slowly, choosing his words. "And to be honest, I'll get over it. I am already - no offense..."

"None taken." I cut off, because I know he'll begin to ramble and I can't put up with it.

He nods at me, then turns around to face the client who just showed up. She's a pretty brunette who's tall with great makeup skills: Her lips look pouty and her green eyes dark and mysterious. She gives up an aura of confidence and I can smell her strong and sweet perfume from where I stand. I don't like her. Sometimes, there's just people who gives off vibes that doesn't seem right to you and I am one of those few persons who always trust their guts. That bitch isn't going anywhere near me.

Graham looks suprised to see her and greet her with a small wave. He doesn't smile, which only proves me right.

"Hey Hannah." He says, looking a bit tense. "Long time no see."

"I'll take a grande cotton candy frappuccino with whipped cream and chocolate chips if possible, make sure the consistency is just right, not liquid. Also, I'll like to see my Logan as well." She says to Graham like if he was her slave.