||Love||

[Dedicated to Paris_Mezzanotte for the cutest cover ever (on top)]

C H A P T E R S I X

______________________

My dad always told me that doing mistakes is absolutely normal and can actually be benefict for you if you make sure not to do anything of that sort again. It is a great occasion to learn. I always thought that it was one of those things that everyone knows, that you don't have to explain anymore.

Guess I was wrong then.

I sigh, shaking my head in a disgusted manner as I watch Logan from afar, sitting at a table with the one and only Hannah. She's talking to him while he looks like he's listening carefully. I roll my eyes. He's totally under her spell. I have to admit that I was kind of expecting more of him, even though that Hannah is unquestionably a very pretty girl.

Graham joins me, takes a cloth and begins to help me clean up the tables. We exchange a look and I can see that he's thinking the exact same thing as me.

"He's never gonna change." declares Graham, concentrating on wiping a particularly tenacious dirty spot on a table."He has been in love with her since like... forever. It's always like that: she comes back to him whenever she realizes that she needs him more than he does and everytime he gets fooled by her little act. I really thought that this time, he'll stand up for himself."

I observe them carefully and deception makes its way through my body. I don't know why I was putting Logan on a pedestal without even realizing it and now that I see that he doesn't actually know everything like I thought he did, I can't help but feel a little bit sad. Seeing him vulnerable like this, at Hannah's mercy makes me frustrated. I furiously clean up my table.

After something like half an hour, Hannah finally stands up and get out of the shop, under Graham's and my own glare. Logan ties back his apron around him and walks to us, smiling, but I don't return it, unlike Graham. I take my stuff and go back behind the counter, avoiding Logan's confused expression. I'm just so disappointed in him and I don't know how to express it or face him without getting angry. How can he be so stupid? Among all people, I would have never guessed that Logan was this type of guy, easy to lead on. I guess I really don't know him at all.

"What's up with her?" I hear Logan ask Graham not so subtly.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Graham rolls his eyes at him and sighs.

"You're so stupid." he declares, taking his things and joins me.

Logan throws his hands up, like he always does when he's exasperated. I can see that he feels like no one understand him and that makes me want to bang my head on the nearest wall numerous times. This guy is so freaking oblivious.

"You guys are really going to do this?" He asks from where he stands, looking pissed. "Teaming up against me just because I hang out with Hannah again?"

"Totally." I answer, not even looking at him at the same time when Graham says: "Yeah."

Logan suddenly slams both of his hands on the counter and point to the door with his thumb, his eyes fixated on me. Not even waiting for my answer, he walks out. I send a distressed look to Graham but all he does is shoo me off.

"When Logan has something on his mind, it's better for him to talk. Better for all of us, trust me." He explains.

I sigh, walking out the door following Logan who looks troubled, looking at the cars passing in front of him. He doesn't turn to look at me, but I know that he has sensed my presence, because he takes a deep breath.