||'V' for Vendetta ||

[Dedicated to CrystalMisery for the beautiful cover on top!]

C H A P T E R E I G H T

______________________

"I can't believe that you're doing this."

Graham shots me a look, while Logan is still looking intently through Graham's binoculars.

"We are doing this together, Grace." He rectifies.

I look at him, bringing my hand to my heart in a dramatic manner accompanied by a horrified expression that he can't actually see, since he's too concentrated on observing every movement coming from the house in front of us. It is something like 7:30PM and the sky is getting a bit dark as the time passes by so I'm pretty sure that he can't see much of what's going on in the house.

"I certainly am not a part of this insane plan. I was just an innocent outsider that has been dragged here by force."

Both of them roll their eyes and decide to ignore me. It's true though, they made me believe that the Starbucks was packed and that they needed me to be there, but brought me here instead without once explaining to me what was happening. Unbelievable.

I sigh, passing a hand in my hair which is a mess as always since I do not bother brushing it. It is scientifically proven -at least I think- that brushing your hair attracts the specks of dust that is hanging in suspension in the air, because of the gravity and static electricity. Therefore, not brushing my hair is actually a genius move since it helps me with keeping my hair in a good aspect, while it'll look greasy if I ever decided to change my habits. The fact that they look like a mess put aside, of course.

"Logan, pass me the long glasses." Graham whispers.

"They're called giant microscopes you moron." Logan whispers back.

If only I could slam my head somewhere.

"They're called binoculars you uncultivated idiots. Why are you even whispering when we're in a car and she's in her house?"

"You're such a vibe killer Grace." Graham exclaims, wiping the two stripes of paint that he painted on his cheeks.

"And you're twenty years old. Not six."

Logan shushes us and points toward the house. Hannah is going out of her house and walks to her car, then after spending a thousand hours looking at herself in her little mirror that she seems to carry everywhere that she goes, drives away. Graham immediately gets out of the car and runs to the house, quickly followed by Logan. I sigh while opening the door on my side, following them slowly. They're dressed all in black, in contrast with my white t-shirt and pale blue pair of skinny jeans. We get to the front door and they stand there, looking intently at the door. They really just concentrated their effort in the clothes didn't they? I squat down to look at the doorknob and get up, extending my hand toward both of the boys.

"Does someone have a credit card?" I ask as Graham looks at me like if I have gone crazy.

"I do..." He begins slowly, taking his wallet out of the back pocket of his pants, but doesn't make any move to hand me the card. "But it's only for emergencies." He precises.

Logan snatches the wallet out of his hands and takes out the card, handing it to me. He then gives Graham his wallet back and slaps him on the back of his head.

"Just give it to her damn it." He exclaims.

Graham looks at me, worriedly and I roll my eyes at him. I slide the credit card between the door and the frame and orient it away from the door. I then begin to push and wiggle it, while the guys watch me with intrigued looks on their faces. I do this for a couple of minutes and Graham quickly becomes bored.