Chapter 12

"There's a third option," Nick suddenly spoke up. "Leave it to Aria to give you the worst options first. More than likely you're going to pick the third one, especially given that you've grown up around all of this."

Ian turned back to him, hope in his heart. He didn't want to give her up. He didn't even know her. But he was still drawn to her. He hadn't thought that the mate bond would affect him as much as it did, simply because he was human.

He remember the first time he'd asked his mother if it was possible for him to ever have a mate. She gotten a very sad look on her face and said that yes it was possible but unlikely. She'd hugged him after that, and told him that the perfect woman was out there for him. He just needed to be patient.

He'd thought at the time that she was just trying to pacify him because she never truly believed that he would have a mate. She was going to be in for a shock when she found out that he was mated to a Remington of all people. If he didn't reject her. Or she him.

"You do realize he's much closer now to rejecting you than he was when he walked into the room," Nick told Aria.

She frowned at him, then looked at Ian and he could see the glimmer of tears in her eyes. "Oh."

"You've basically told him he either has to ask you to give up your immortality for him or experience major heart break later when he dies," Nick said.

"When you say it like that.." She looked at Ian and took a deep breath. "Nick is right. There is another option. It's a big one."

"Go on." Ian couldn't think of what that option might be but he was all ears, especially if it was going to be the best option.

She looked back to Nick, and Ian wanted to tell her to just spit it out already.

Nick frowned at her, looking annoyed. "He's your mate, Aria."

"I know. I'm just nervous and I don't want to screw this up," she admitted softly, again showing her vulnerability.

Nick rolled his eyes at her, which surprised Ian. He couldn't even imagine rolling his eyes at Alpha Arlo's child. The dynamics between them was so odd.

Nick looked at Ian. "You sure you want to be mated to her?"

Ian smiled. Yes! he wanted to shout. Give me the option already!

"So, the third option. We can turn you into a werewolf. I know you don't think it's possible but it is. There are three werewolves in the world who have the capability of turning a human into a werewolf and Aria happens to be related to all of them. It's a well-guarded secret and the main reason why we wanted to speak to you somewhere no one would be able to hear us. We turn you and then you join our pack and you also become immortal." Nick gave him a half smile, like he had just handed him the moon.

Ian stared at him in shock. Becoming a werewolf was a dream for him and something that he knew was not possible. But they were telling him it was. And if he chose to become a werewolf, he could spend eternity with Aria. He opened his mouth to say something and then snapped it shut again. Were they serious? They looked serious. Even Aria was smiling at him. He had a million questions. "Have they ever done it before?"

"Yes. Aria isn't the first Remington to be mated to a human." Nick stretched out his legs.

"No, I'm not. My grandfather, My great grandfather and my father were all mated to humans. They all turned them." Aria glanced at Nick. He happened to be the only werewolf mated to a Remington who hadn't been turned.

"How does it work?" Ian asked. For the first time since he'd met her, he thought this might actually work out.

Aria looked at Nick. "I honestly don't know 100% how."