Chapter 21

Ian followed Aria off the plane and looked around. He'd never been this far East before. She was right. There were mountains, but they weren't on the same scale as the Rockies. It was a different feel here.

He wasn't surprised that Regal Eclipse had a landing strip or a large hanger with multiple planes. As much as it sounded like they traveled, they'd need them.

"We'll come back out here tomorrow with a moving truck to get your stuff," Aria told him.

When they arrived at the pack house, he stopped to look up at it. It wasn't what he expected. It was styled after a log cabin with a wrap around porch. Rockers doted the porch and flowers were blooming. Someone somewhere was mowing the lawn.

He followed her inside, looking around. This place was nothing like home, but the scent of baking bread filled the air, making his mouth water.  He followed her onto an elevator, and glanced at the buttons. He could see himself getting lost in this place. She was up on the fourth floor, but then so was everyone else, which he supposed made sense, given their ranks.

When the elevator opened, she let everyone else get off first, before she did herself. Then she stopped and turned to him. "I live with my parents still, too. This is going to change everything though, and we will have to get our own place. But I have to go through my dad for that."

"Will he be okay with it?"

"Yeah. He'd rather his daughter not be living with her mate in his apartment," she giggled.

Ian smiled at that. He'd be more comfortable in their own place as well.

"Plus it will give them more room. It's going to be chaos in there, and I'm going to be back and forth a lot helping with the pups. But my grandparents are next door to them, and they help a lot too, along with my other grandparents," she said.

He nodded. He hadn't realized the previous Alpha King was still alive, but given what he now knew about the pack, he supposed he shouldn't be surprised.

Aria took him down the hall and stopped in front of a door. "Ready?"

He took a deep breath. "Yup."

She opened the door and the sound of a crying pup reached his ears. She stepped inside.

Ian looked around, surprised to see a decent sized apartment. A living room, and kitchen where the first rooms he saw. Bottles decorated the counter, clean and stacked up neatly. Toys decorated the living room floor. It was not how he envisioned the Royal family living. It felt..homey.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Back in the nursery," a masculine voice responded.

"Stay here," she said to Ian. "I want to give them a heads up before I spring you on them. Though they probably know about you."

"Okay," he agreed.

He watched her head down the hall and disappear into a room off to the right.

Aria walked inside and saw her dad sitting in a rocker, both twins in his arms. She walked over and took one from him. "Mom sleeping?"

He smiled and nodded. "How was the trip? Uneventful?"

"Nick and Noelle haven't told you anything?" That surprised her. Her father always knew what was going on.

"Nope. He doesn't unless he thinks I need to know. He's told me to stop worrying; he's got it. And he's right. I couldn't have handpicked a better mate for Noelle," he said ruefully. He frowned and looked at her. "Is there a human here?"

"Um yes. I found my mate," Aria said.

Daniel's eyebrows shot up. "You did?" He smiled. "And he's human." Then he frowned. "Does he know?"