Chapter 6

Tuesday morning dawned bright and beautiful. Matt climbed out of bed, eager to get the day going. It was the day they were headed to Columbia Pack, and he was excited to go. He'd already packed a bag last night.

He got up and dressed, then headed down for breakfast. He got in line at the buffet and made his plate, then headed over to sit with Nick and Noelle.

"Morning," Nick greeted him.

Noelle smiled up at him. "You already ready to go?"

He flashed her a smile. "Of course I am."

"We don't want to get there too early. They're three hours behind us." Nick took a sip of his coffee.

"Can't we just go wake them up?" Matt asked hopefully.

They both cracked up laughing.

"I can tell you're going to make a great liaison," Noelle laughed, shaking her head.

He smiled. "What time are we really leaving?"

"After lunch," Nick said.

"Is Aria still coming?"

"Yeah, as far as I know she is." Noelle took a sip of her latte. "She was as of last night."

"I haven't seen her since the day after we got back," Matt said. It was unusual for him to not see her for several days. He missed her.

"I thought you two were joined at the hip," Noelle teased.

"They're not together, are you?" Nick looked from Noelle to Matt with a frown.

"No. Though I think everyone thinks we are. But I've never even kissed her." Matt shot a glare Noelle's way.

"Never?" she asked in surprise.

"Nope. Aria has definitely had a few boyfriends too, but there's never been anything romantic between us. She's not my mate," he said adamantly. Anything else, Noelle didn't need to know about. No one did.

She nodded. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I know how it looks. Your sister is very.. " he sighed. "I love her to death but there's nothing romantic there. But all of her boyfriends were jealous of me."

Nick smirked. "I'm sure they were."

"I'm going to head down to the gym and burn off some steam. I'll catch you two later," Matt said, standing.

They both nodded to him and he got rid of his plate and left the dining room.

***

The plane landed later that afternoon in Washington State and Matt followed Nick, Noelle and Aria off the plane. He stood for a moment, looking around, taking the place in.

"Ever been here before?" Nick asked him.

"No." The scenery was lovely, he mountains beautiful, the air fresh.

"Fun thing about being a liaison, though I think Ragnar has already taken you a bunch of different places," Nick smiled.

"Yeah, he has." He followed them all over to the waiting SUV and the Beta.

"Welcome to Columbia. You brought an enterouge," Beta Mark said, bowing his head to Nick.

"Good to see you Beta. I'm training. This is Ragnar's eldest son, Matthew Asgrim." Nick pointed to Matt.

Matt stepped forward and the Beta nodded to him.

"Aria Remington." He gestured to Aria, who smiled at the Beta.