Chapter 10

Aria broke off the kiss with Ian and looked past him to see Alpha Arlo standing in the doorway, looking at her.

"Alpha." Ian turned and bowed his head to him.

He looked between the two of them. "I came to let you know that they're finished with the rogue she-wolf and you can see her now."

"Thank you, Alpha."

He glanced between them one more time, then turned and left the room.

Aria turned to Ian and pulled him down for one more kiss. His kisses were amazing and she wasn't going to get enough of them any time soon.

Ian wondered if he was in trouble. He knew he was going to have to explain to his Alpha why he was standing there kissing the Princess. Oh well. He was enjoying every second of it and was a bit disappointed that they'd been interrupted, though Aria seemed to be making up for it.

"I suppose we need to talk about all of this," she said after the kiss ended.

"Yeah. I'm still a bit shocked," he admitted. More than a bit.

Aria smiled up at him. "I need to go see the she-wolf. She's probably still sleeping. I just need to stay with her until someone else can stay with her."

"Why are you so interested in her?" Ian asked curiously.

She took a small breath. "She might be Matt's mate."

"Oh. Who's Matt and where is he?"

Aria looked at him. "Matt is the Royal Beta's son, and he's sleeping. He's the wolf you brought back."

His eyes widened. If she'd seen him out there by the border.. "Is that when you first saw me?"

She nodded. "You were busy and I was kind of in shock."

He still was too. "Are you sure it's okay that I'm human? Is your family going to freak out?" Her father was the Alpha King. He didn't want to think about how he'd feel about all of this. It was why he couldn't get his hopes up about all of this.

She smiled. "Nope. I'll explain why later too, but not here. Trust me, it's going to be fine."

"Okay," he said. He hoped so. After kissing her, he didn't want to give this up, but she was a Princess, and he was a human.

"Come with me?"

He smiled. "I'd love to." He followed her down the hall to a room and she walked inside, Ian right behind her.

The she-wolf was still in wolf form, but her coat was clean now and not covered in blood like it had been earlier. She was healed, but just in a deep sleep, recovering from the extensive healing. Aria had seen her beforehand, and if it hadn't been for Noelle, the poor girl would have never survived.

"She's lucky she didn't take more damage from the bear. He's been a menace to the pack for a while now. We're lucky no one has been killed," Ian said quietly. "They've had more than one run in with him over the last few years."

"Well, he's dead now. Poor bear." She frowned.

Ian looked at her. Poor bear? Really?

"I know, I know." She looked back at him. "So tell me about you."

"Well, I was adopted shortly after I was born by my parents. A human teenage girl my mother worked with got pregnant and couldn't raise the baby so she begged my mom to raise me. I've never met her.

I have to admit when I got old enough to find out that I was different, it was a bit disappointing. I wanted a mate. But it was what it was. I met your sister at college, which is how I knew her. I only met her twice though, and the first time I had no idea who she was." He paused, looking Aria over again. She was so pretty, he could barely peel his eyes off of her.