Chapter 49

Dominic Beckham took off out of the pack territory, Regal Eclipse wolves hot on his heels. He jumped up into the trees, and moved along, his sharp claws gripping the branches carefully.

When he'd lost them, he stopped for a moment, breathing deeply. That wolf had been much better trained than he'd expected, though why he'd underestimated him, he wasn't sure. Probably because he knew he'd been young.

He hadn't set out to kill him, and knowing what he knew about Regal Eclipse wolves, that would be impossible anyway. He could feel his own body healing up as he sat there on the large tree branch, his long tail swishing back and forth.

Once he was good, he headed back to the meeting place, hoping the rogues hadn't screwed this up. He'd given them specific instructions on what to do. Hopefully they listened and stuck to the plan.

He came back to his truck, and shifted, then grabbed his clothes out of the backseat, pulling them on quickly. 

The sound of the boat coming caught his attention. He could see the three of them inside and the she-wolf with them. They'd drugged her for now, keeping her from fighting and hurting herself. It would be much easier for them to get out of the area that way.

He helped them get the small boat onto the trailer and they loaded her into the back seat before squeezing in themselves. "Were you seen?"

"No," replied Brent. "We came across no one on our way back."

Dominic nodded as they took off. They'd been seen; he knew they had. That place was a lot more secure than these rogues knew. But he'd wanted to be seen. A panther showing up in their territory would definitely cause a stir. It was also the reason he'd brought his own vehicle with him. He'd wanted them to know where to look. The only thing he wasn't quite certain about was why the she-wolf was a rogue herself, but the scent of the male wolf was all over her and he had a feeling he was her mate. Which meant he would come for her. Dominic was counting on it.

He drove quickly back to where his plane was at. A small airport that was a bit of a distance so they wouldn't notice them flying in, but close enough for them to get away quickly. He needed to get the she-wolf back to Oregon before they were caught.

Finding her hadn't been easy, but he had his ways. He'd made connections over the years, mostly with people who had no idea who or what he was.

The thought of what he was would never enter their minds, and most of those he met thought he was human. He also had the capability of masking his scent, and he did almost all of the time. He hadn't today though. And these idiots he was with hadn't even noticed. Now though, he smelled human, and they were none the wiser.

They pulled into the small airport and within the hour, they were in the air, his vehicle loaded in the plane. He'd left the boat behind. He didn't care about it and if Regal Eclipse came across it, they would smell the same scents they had before. Three rogues, his own scent and that of Abigail Anderson.

He'd carried her onto the plane himself, placing her on the bed in the small bedroom. He didn't trust the rogues. Brent he was okay with. He'd known him for a while, but the other two he didn't really know and Brent had warned him to be cautious of them.

He sat back, watching her. The scent of the male was definitely all over her, like he'd purposely rubbed his scent on her, which Dominic guessed he probably had. Wolves were strange creatures, but he'd studied them enough to know their habits. The male had claimed her as his.

Dominic wasn't interested in her in that way anyway. He wasn't dumb enough to go after a werewolf's mate. He sort of envied the whole mate thing. He would never have a mate himself. Panthers didn't mate for life like wolves did.