Chapter 31: happy st. Paddy's day!

It was around St. Patrick's day, and that meant that green was in fashion, McDonald's was selling shamrock shakes, and it is also a massive celebration of Irish and Irish-American culture in the USA.
Currently, max and the others were getting the hotel decorated for St. Paddy's day, even if the decorations were a little bit minor like paper four leaf clovers hung on the walls and other St. Patrick's day related decorations.
"Man, I love St. paddy's day." Said max, who was wearing green shorts for the holiday.
"It sounds like a lot of fun, but how does it involve green?" Said Charlie, wanting to join in on the St. paddy's day experience.
"Well, to the US, St. Patrick's day is considered a celebration of Irish culture as a whole, and The main thing to celebrate is to wear something green or else someone who is wearing green will pinch you if you aren't." Said max, giving a basic rundown of St. Patrick's day.
"Oh, then I should probably do something green." Said Charlie, who now knew about St. Patrick's day.
And so, Charlie then went and put on a green hat so it would count as wearing green for St. Patrick's day without getting pinched.
"That's great, that counts as wearing green." Said max.
Now that she was wearing green, Charlie was now interested in doing something that the hotel can do for St. paddy's day aside from the decoration.
"Alright, so what can we do for St. paddy's day aside from having decorations and wearing green?" Asked Charlie, wanting to do a special event for the hotel.
The rest of the hazbins, all wearing something green with their usual outfits, each suggested their own ideas for a St. Patrick's day event for the hotel.
"Why don't we do a St. paddy's day potluck?" Said max.
"That could work," said vaggie, "we could do a theme of green colored food."
"Alright! I'll be in the kitchen making some food for the potluck then." Said max, going to the hotel kitchen to make something for the hotel's St. paddy's day potluck.
The food max decided to make for the potluck were chocolate cupcakes made with Betty Crocker cake mix, and the cupcakes were topped with green frosting shaped like four leaf clovers, which was also store bought.
"Okay, I've got the ingredients, the oven's been preheated, and I know what I'm doing, let's make some cupcakes!" Said max, clapping his hands together in preparation.
And so, max started to make the cupcakes by mixing the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, putting the mixed batter in the cupcake pan lined with green paper liners, waiting for the cupcakes to rise, and when they were completely baked he let them cool for a bit before drawing the four leaf clovers on each one with the green frosting.
"Yes, it's a masterpiece." Said max, proud of what he had made.
And with that, max put his cupcakes onto a tray and took them to a table where the rest of the hazbins had food that they had also made for the potluck.
"These look delicious, you did a great job making them." Said Charlie, looking at the cupcakes that max had made.
"Thank you very much, maybe this potluck can also help everyone know each other." Said max, glad that his cupcakes were liked.
Suddenly, there was a knock on the door to the hell isles, and max opened it expecting either someone interested in Charlie's redemption idea, but when he opened it, Lucifer and his wife, Lilith were at the door.
"Hey Lucifer, happy St. paddy's day." Said max, holding the door open for Lucifer and Lilith.
"Happy St. paddy's day too, and the hotel looks pretty checked out." Said Lucifer, who was wearing a pin with the Flogging Molly logo on it.
"I'm glad you like it, there's also a potluck with cupcakes that I made." Said max, pointing to the table of food.
Just then, Charlie came in and noticed that both of her parents were there and she immediately greeted them both with open arms.
"Hey mom, hey dad, how are you doing?" Said Charlie, happy that her parents were there.
"Well, Lilith wanted to see you and how the hotel is doing along with her wanting to meet max." Said Lucifer.
As Lucifer and Charlie were talking with each other, Lilith went over to where max was to talk to the human that has been to both heaven and hell.
"So you must be max, is that correct?" Said Lilith, looking at max with curiosity.
"Yes, I guess you saw the interview that was from a year ago." Said max, who was holding a plate of food from the potluck in his hand.
"Of course I saw, it showed my husband on the air and what was said was quite surprising." Said Lilith, remembering when the interview first aired.
"Yeah, i feel that I was being too blunt about it in hindsight." Said max.
"It's okay, you were still able to tell what was going on." Said Lucifer, joining in on the conversation.
"Oh okay," said max, "then let's just start this potluck and enjoy this food!"
And so, the St. paddy's day potluck officially began, and everyone else at the hotel grabbed some more food as max decided to play some Gaelic punk by flogging Molly.
The flogging Molly song max played:

As the Flogging Molly song was playing, max, Charlie, and Lucifer told Lilith about what they have been doing and what the hotel's purpose was for.
"I admit, after watching the actual show, your hotel has proved to work." Said Lilith, who had enjoyed her plate of food.
"Yes, but we have a deadline until august to have at least one redemption." Said max.
"In that case, I hope that you will be able to succeed in your goal." Said Lilith, smiling at her daughter.
And so, max and the others continued the St. paddy's day potluck and finished when they were all full and Lucifer and Lilith went home, and they spent the rest of the day cleaning up the potluck and continued the Indiana jones movies by watching temple of doom, and when that was done, max went to bed wondering what could happen when it would become Easter.
(And this chapter is complete. I hope that you liked this special St. Patrick's day chapter. Feel free to comment your opinion on this chapter. When I reach 10k reads I'm going to make a celebratory Q&A. I hope you have a great St. paddy's day.
Until next time,
Doomfan808~)