Chapter 18: striker's heel-face turn

It was a regular day for max, and he was Currently sitting on his recliner and jamming to a song he liked.
The song max was jamming to:

Max's music was soon interrupted by the feeling that he was being watched by someone, and not by blitzø.
"What the bloody hell was that?" Wondered max, a bit cautious.
He went outside, grabbing his bat that he hasn't used since the hotel first landed and was looking around for who he assumed was an intruder who wanted to harm him or the others.
"Whoever's out there, you should show yourself now." Said max.
"Easy there, I'm not here to hurt you." Said a voice that sounded like Norman reedus.
Max immediately turned around, and saw striker standing there, with bombproof next to him.
"Why are you here, to hurt stolas?" Asked max, his bat at the ready.
"Not anymore," said striker, "Stella cancelled the hit but still paid me."
"Alright, But I'll need more context as to why you're here." Said max, Still cautious about striker's motive.
"Okay, I do need to explain some things." Said striker.
And so, max led striker into the hotel, where they sat in the lobby so max could ask striker questions, and also recording the conversation.
"So first off, how did you even get here?" Asked max.
"Stole an asmodean crystal." Said striker, showing off the stolen crystal.
"Of course," said max, rolling his eyes, "but what's your motive, normus reedum?"
"If you must know, I found out that stolas has a daughter, and I don't kill fathers." Said striker.
"That makes sense, because killing a dad is messed up." Said max.
"Definitely," said striker, "after finding that out, I then rode around on bombproof to think things over."
" I assume you had a moral dilemma about what you found out about stolas." Said max.
"Yes, but anyway, I found this guy who claimed to be a professional, but he actually was a snake oil salesman who gave me a bag of peyote and told me to eat it so I could have an epiphany." Said striker, showing off the empty peyote bag.
"Sounds like something from a western movie." Said max, noting the similarities.
"You're not wrong, wrath is like the west." Admitted striker.
"I ate the peyote, lied down on the motel bed, had a trip that allowed me to have an epiphany that I should try and apologize to blitzø and stolas" said striker, having a face of regret.
"Okay then, but they'll still be pissed off at you for trying to kill stolas." Said max, stopping the audio recording.
And then, max sent the audio recording of striker's motive to a group chat of blitzø and the rest of I.m.p.
"Did that do anything?" Asked striker, raising an eyebrow.
"Wait a few seconds." Said max, expecting the members.
And almost immediately after max said that, blitzø kicked the hotel door open and immediately ran to striker and kicked him in the balls.
"Argh!" Yelled striker in pain, " I deserved that."
"Don't you dare hurt max, fuckhead!" Said blitzø.
" if I wanted to hurt max, he wouldn't still be alive." Said striker, still reeling from the pain.
"Didn't you listen to the audio recording I sent you all?" Said max, a little bit annoyed at the events unfolding.
"I actually did listen to it." Replied blitzø.
"Did you listen to it fully?" Said max, squinting his eyes at blitzø.
"He didn't," said moxxie, "he listened to a small part and assumed the worst."
"Yeah, that's what I expected of blitzø to do." Said max, shrugging his shoulders.
Max decided to play the audio recording again, this time making sure blitzø listens fully so he can know striker's motive.
"So hang the fuck on, you had a moral dilemma about stolas being a dad, you had a peyote induced epiphany, and your willing to apologize to us." Said a dumbfounded blitzø.
"Yes," said striker, "and if you want to punish me, I'll take it."
Blitzø thinks for a moment, considering what to do before thinking of a good punishment for striker.
"Ok striker, for your punishment, you have to work with us, plus you need to prove to us that you can be trusted." Said blitzø, pointing at striker.
"Wait, really?" Said max, " I was expecting something else."
"Believe me, getting kicked in the balls is plenty of suffering, this is just the humiliation cherry on top." Said blitzø.
"That's fine with me, has there been any recent jobs?" Asked striker, accepting his fate as I.m.p's new employee.
"Unfortunately, no as our base of operations is now permanently in Hawaii." Said blitzø.
"I already know, I saw the news interview." Said striker.
"Right, I forgot about that." Said max, scratching the back of his head.
Max then had a question for striker about the fact he's from a web toon pop in his head.
"How's it like knowing you're from a web toon?" Asked max, wanting striker's opinion.
"It was the main reason to try and make amends with I.m.p because I saw more of stolas's life." Said striker, referring to the stolas centered episodes.
"Oh, that makes sense." Said max.
And so, it was official that striker had pulled a heel-face turn to max and I.m.p, and striker went onto bombproof to prepare when I.m.p left. but before that, striker had one last question to ask max.
"Before I go, I must ask why you called me normus reedum." Said striker.
"Because your voice actor was Norman reedus and normus reedum is meant to be a funny mispronunciation." Said max.
"Well, that made a lot more sense." Said striker.
And so, the i.m.p Van drove off with striker on bombproof following close behind, and max went into his room to play the record of Pink Floyd's the dark side of the moon.
Meanwhile, at the i.m.p building, blitzø was showing striker around the office to confirm that he was now a permanent member of I.m.p, and he was sitting on a chair in the meeting room chatting with blitzø.
"So striker, what's it like being on the anti-hero side?" asked blitzø.
"Feels a lot better than being a full on villain." Admitted striker, sporting a grin.
Back at max's house, he was with the hazbins watching a movie, and when it was done he went back to his room and thought in realization "if Barbie wire and striker changed because they saw the actual helluva boss web toon, that might mean that the events of oops might happen without striker being a major character."
And with that realization, max spent the rest of the day researching whatever might happen until he went to bed.
(And here's a new chapter to end October. I hope you liked the way I wrote striker. Feel free to comment your opinion on this chapter. I hope you liked the song I put in as well, because I like this Robert palmer song. The plot point involving peyote was inspired by the movie young guns.
Until next time,
Doomfan808~)