Chapter 23: Mele Kalikimaka

It was Christmas Day,a time of joy and celebration, and max was excited about it when he woke up and checked the date on the calendar.
"Oh boy! It's finally Christmas!" Exclaimed max, excited about the holiday.
To celebrate the fact that it was Christmas, max decided to turn his phone on and play a Christmas song on it.
The song max played:

While the Christmas song was playing, max put on his Santa Claus hat and danced a little bit to Jimmy Buffett doing a cover that was originally by Bing Crosby.
"Oh yeah, now it's feeling like Christmas." Said max, who was looking in the mirror and satisfied at his appearance.
After max put on his Christmas attire, he then went to the hazbin hotel to see how Christmas was coming along for Charlie and the others.
At the hotel, Charlie and the others were enjoying the holiday when max came inside and joined in on the Christmas celebration.
"Hey everyone, mele kalikimaka." Said max, who sat down onto an empty armchair.
"Hey max, merry Christmas." Said Charlie, who was wearing a comfy Christmas sweater.
"What did you say?" Asked Angel dust, not knowing what mele kalikimaka meant.
"Mele kalikimaka? it means merry Christmas in Hawaiian." Said max.
"Huh, didn't know that." Said angel dust, shrugging his shoulders.
"Should we dig into the presents now?" Asked max, rubbing his hands together.
"Yeah, we might as well." Said Charlie.
And so, max started to pass each Christmas present to whoever it was said to be for, and everyone got plenty of gifts.
"Alright, I wonder what we each got." Said angel dust, who was holding one of his gifts that was wrapped in silver wrapping paper.
And with that, everyone started unwrapping their gifts, and they all got some nice gifts for each other.
Charlie got a set of comfy clothes, vaggie got a squishy plushie, angel dust got a pet toy for fat nuggets, alastor got a top hat to match his suit, husk got a case of jack Daniel's, niffty got a swiffer duster and windex, and max got a few vinyl records of Queen, Green Day, and Primus, among many others that weren't covered.
When all the Christmas presents were unwrapped, there was a pile of wrapping paper and ribbons on the floor, which niffty cleaned up so fast that it looked like the pile immediately vanished.
"I'd say that this Christmas was really good this year." Said max, who was having a cup of hot chocolate in his hand.
"It certainly was," said Charlie, "but who's that gift for?"
Max looked confused as he thought that all the presents were already given out, and looked under the tree and saw a box with the tag saying that it was for Charlie.
"It says it's for you." Said max, giving the mysterious gift to Charlie.
Charlie opened up the mysterious gift, and inside was a Christmas card from her grandfather, and the card explained that he wanted to give her something for Christmas, and that made Charlie smile.
"Well that's just very sweet." Said max, who was also reading the Christmas card.
Charlie then looked at the actual present that was in the box, and it was a small framed drawing of the horizon that god drew himself and a wood carving of a sitting cat.
"Wow, I guess we know what your grandpa's talents are." Said max, who was looking at the cat wood carving.
"Well, I think they look really nice." Said Charlie, holding the drawing in her hands.
"Well, then this really has been a very merry Christmas." Said max.
And so, max decided to play a Christmas song to make the mood festive enough to enjoy the December weather a bit.
The Christmas song max played:

As the song played on, max and the others enjoyed themselves by making a Christmas dinner with plenty of food like turkey and holiday ham.
As the food was being prepared, everyone was passing the time by watching the classic 1985 dark comedy movie that involves christmas, Better Off Dead.
"I gotta tell you, this movie's really funny." Said max, laughing at the comedic parts of the movie.
"Yeah, it's got its funny moments." Said vaggie.
And then, the food was ready, and they all enjoyed the Christmas dinner by watching the movie a Christmas story while they ate the turkey and ham.
After the Christmas dinner and the movie was finished, max was completely full and was feeling a bit tired after eating all that turkey.
"Man, that food was so good." Said max, satisfied with how tasty the food was.
"It sure was, especially the ham." Said angel dust, who also enjoyed the food.
After they all put the Christmas dinner leftovers in the fridge, max and the others were sitting down and talking to each other about what the new year might be like.
"You think that the new year will bring anything new?" Asked max, wondering about what the future would have in store for him and the hazbins.
"Probably something that's better than this year." Said Charlie.
"You're probably right, but I feel like only time will tell." Said max, who was feeling optimistic about the new year.
And so, max and the hazbins spent the rest of the day listening to the Bob and Doug 12 days of Christmas and the Cheech and Chong Santa Claus and his old lady sketches along with watching the Joe Dante movie gremlins and its even wackier sequel, gremlins 2: the new batch.
After the Christmas sketch recordings and the movies were finished, max went to his room, went into his bed, and went onto his phone before he went to sleep.
While he was on his phone, max wondered what would happen for when it becomes new year's.
"Maybe for New Year's Day we can all light up some fireworks and have a small party to celebrate the new year." Said max, who was talking to himself.
And so, max turned off his phone and went to sleep, while thinking of how to prepare for the new year.
(Mele kalikimaka, have this new chapter as a present. I hope you have an amazing holiday this year and enjoy these 2 special Christmas songs. Feel free to comment your opinion on this chapter. Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. Thank you very much for giving this story over 4000 reads.
Until next time,
Doomfan808~)